Five-seveN USG pistol....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to have one... looked at one @ the gunshop and thought it was cool. .. Not real usable tho. I hear the terminal ballistics are a bit off.

Good if you want to pierce body armor tho. ..

Pat, you dont plan to knock off a bank now do you??

JJ,
You can use it for self protection from attacking wild boar:

Picture030.jpg

Picture032.jpg

:wink:

It appears to be easier to conceal that say a 9mm or 40SW and I'm sure the energy is greater than a 32 or 380...any thoughts?

Conventional pistols usually use 9 x 19 mm, .45 ACP and similar cartridges that are effective for stopping a hostile individual in ordinary circumstances. However, FN argues that if that individual is wearing a light Kevlar vest, these bullets will be stopped without causing lethal damage. Such body armor is currently in use with over 50% of the world?s armed forces. Law enforcement officers also need the ability to pierce body armor, as it is worn by an increasing number of criminals. FN claims that thanks to the use of their newly designed 5.7 x 28 mm cartridge, the Five-seveN is capable of piercing the older U.S. Army PASGT vest at 300 meters range, and a U.S. Army PASGT helmet at a range of 240 meters. However, these penetration statistics are for the military SS190 cartridge. Other available cartridge variants may not be armor-piercing, according to the BATFE.

After penetration, the 5.7 mm round is marketed as being able to effectively incapacitate an enemy, but there has been controversy over these claims. Conventional hollow point bullets rely on expansion to create a large wound channel, but the Five-seveN's cartridge is designed to hit the enemy, travel a few inches, then rotate and continue traveling in this manner without deforming. This means that the wound it creates would be as tall as the length of the projectile (more than 21 mm), supposedly creating a more grievous wound channel, but without the expansion of a hollow point or the fragmentation of a frangible bullet. As a result, FN claims the round ? and the Five-seveN ? are suitable for military use.

The advantages of the pistol itself include its weight (the 5.7 mm round weighs half as much as a standard 9 mm round), its recoil (FN claims the 5.7 mm round produces roughly half the felt recoil of a 9 mm round), and its 20-round magazine, which holds significantly more ammunition than other pistols. Despite its magazine capacity, the Five-seveN is a light pistol, weighing 1.6 pounds loaded. It is also reasonably compact

In comparing ballistic I would want to compare it to the Keltec in 32 auto of the 380 auto. If it is as concealable as the Keltec then this would be an option for me to use as a light carry gun in the summer months. For me light, quick handling and readily accessible meets my requirements for a concealed carry personal protection gun.

Yes Nug, I was lucky to tell the story of that encounter! I nearly lost a few inches of boot laces with that attack!

Next year I will be prepared!

Doohan said:
Yes Nug, I was lucky to tell the story of that encounter! I nearly lost a few inches of boot laces with that attack!

Next year I will be prepared!

JJ, I think it was Pat's and his bodies plot to take you out. :shock:
110_1021.jpg

JJ's style looks familiar.
Can you say "EXECUTIONER II" ?
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Back