FLY YOUR FLAG

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawgslayer1

Reaction score
Don't forget to fly your fly TOMORROW in honor of our fallen military. They kept if free for us to enjoy our everyday life as we know it. 
Don't forget them...................They gave all.

Ray............. 

I did a little checking and I found out, on the inter net, that on a day like tomorrow we can fly our flag at half mast. You raise it at sunrise to half mast and then at noon you raise it to the top. Just a thought. I'm going to fly mine in that fashion.:Salute:

Good going JCORD. I fly mine the same but I'm debating about flying the Marine Corps flag or the Pow/Mia flag below it or both.

Ray.......... :Salute:

Ray, I've always thought that the proper way to put a flag at half-mast was to raise it to the top and then down to half-mast. However, I'm not sure if that only applies to someone recently deceased.

Can anyone let me know the proper way for holidays?

Bob, get on line and request info on  FLYING THE FLAG AT HALF MAST. Bob, that's where I got my info. Check it though and if I'm wrong PM right away OK. I don't want to mess it up.

Ray............... :Salute:

i do it the old fashioned US Army way.  In the morning the flag is raised to full height and then lowered to half staff.  In the evening the flag is raised to full height and then lowered.  The flag  is never lowered from half staff.

:Salute:
Gents if you have any question about flying your flag at half go to.........

halfstaff.pdf...........First sentence after the first paragraph.

Ray............. :Salute:

For civilian purposes, the flag is put up at half staff until noon, then raised to full staff until it is taken down at sunset. At least that is what I have read in the past.

It looked like on about 20% of the houses in our neighborhood flew the flag this Memorial Day. Most were the inexpensive variety that are fixed to the staff and can't be lowered. At least those folks with the fixed flags flew them.

My flag is fixed, so I just put one of the tubes that goes below the flag tube and put it on top of the one with the flag and that simulates half staff.
Ron

My flag pole is telescopic and doesn't have a means for flying half mast.  So I proudly fly both flags 24/7 at full mast. 
DSCN1174_zpsto5rpdgk.jpg

Smokin' Joe said:
My flag pole is telescopic and doesn't have a means for flying half mast.  So I proudly fly both flags 24/7 at full mast. 
DSCN1174_zpsto5rpdgk.jpg
My Dad does roughly that same thing with his American/Navy flag combo. 
He had a solar light installed at the top that keeps it lit and flying 24/7. 

It is a good solution as he is not very mobile now.

I have a solar LED spotlight mounted on the pole also.  It is just out of view in the picture that turns on at night. 
The flags and pole were a birthday present from my wife, son and daughter a few years ago.

My flag fly's 24/7 also. I put in an electric spot light that goes on when it gets dark and off when the dawn breaks.

Ray.............. :Salute:

Latest posts

Back