forgive me if i have posted this before.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strong eagle

Reaction score
a member here talked about home made blackberry wine under the garden section. i did something last fall some may be interested in. it was not my original idea but a fellow muzzleloader shooter from upper new york that bought a custom muzzleloader from me and i also rebuilt a underhammer he owned. i was telling him about all the cedar trees i have and the choke i   cherry and plum trees i have. he said do this and i did. i have a lot of gallon glass jugs in the garage. so i filled several to the top with chokcherries and then as their is space between the round chokecherries i poured a liter of brandy into the mix. covered the jug and let it sit until chistmass. i not only did that with chokecherries i did it with plums and cedar berries. with the cedar berries i poured good english gin into those jugs. we dont drink much of it but they are down in the basement still getting better to the taste. my wife like the cedar berry gin mix. once in a while after a hard college test or on friday evening she will take a double shot of the gin cedar berry mix. when the jug gets a little lower i add more gin or brandy and cap it and shake it up. the gin one is like syrup when it comes out now and is it good. they are all still their and will be for as ong as we keep them. they never go bad. i also have two jugs of mead made with honey fermenting down their. we save it for thanksgiving or christmass when we have tons of people come over, its a hit. some people found out about it and offered to pay high dollar for a gallon but we are keeping them and letting them mature even better. they will never go bad. if i had access to blackberries i would fill a couple of jugs with them and pour in the brandy and let sit for a long time. they taste very good and are good for you. they cant be treated like wine as they are hard and would knock you on your a$$$$ is you had a full glass of them. again this idea comes from northern new york. oh yes, i also filled a couple of jugs with cut up rhubarb and a pint of honey in each jug then the rest in brandy. that is very good also.  sorry if i have posted this before but i dont think i have. try it you will like it.

Back