Frizzen sizes?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Two Feathers

Reaction score
Howdy folks.  
I need some info.  :?:  Can anyone tell me the measurements for a Musket Frizzen, and any other "brands" of frizzens? The measurements don't have to be with micrometers or calipers, a good tape measure or scale will be fine. :Red tup:  I need height and width of just the frizzen face, base to top, side to side.  I'm making up a bunch of Frizzen covers and would like an assortment of sizes. I have 4 here that will fit Traditions, Lyman, and TC, but Musket frizzen sizes are throwing me, can't find any info.  :confused:  Thanks guys.
God bless:
Stoney

Hi Two Feathers,

I have a couple of Flintlocks and here are the frizzed sizes:

Isaac Haines .54 Cal
  Chambers Deluxe Siler Flintlock  7/8" W x 1 7/16" H  (widest with at the bottom)

Pennsylvania Fowler .62 cal
Chambers Colonial Virginia Flintlock  1" W x 1 7/8" H  (shaped more like your thumb)

Take care,

Smokin' Joe said:
Hi Two Feathers,

I have a couple of Flintlocks and here are the frizzed sizes:

Isaac Haines .54 Cal
  Chambers Deluxe Siler Flintlock  7/8" W x 1 7/16" H  (widest with at the bottom)

Pennsylvania Fowler .62 cal
Chambers Colonial Virginia Flintlock  1" W x 1 7/8" H  (shaped more like your thumb)

Take care,
Hi Joe
Thank you very much. I'll get patterns made up for these sizes. I thought NO ONE even saw my request. I've seen the thumb shaped ones on Etsy. I have 2 different sizes on the classifieds. The taller ones will fit a frizzen that's 1-7/8" high by 5/8" across the base. I'm told that this is a Traditions and CVA size? The shorter ones will fit a Lyman or TC 7/8" wide by 1-1/4" high? Even if they didn't fit exact, they'd stop your hammer from dropping on the frizzen.
How's that primer horn working out? Thank you again.
God bless:
Two Feathers

Thanks Jack
I'll write these down. I got a few from Kentucky Colonel, but more is better.
Stoney

Go to Track of the Wolf or any of the other suppliers, they have all the sizes and makes.

Back