Gloucester Cod Tonite!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loggy

Reaction score
Having some cod tonite so thought I'd do a test in movin my codfish post over from the Old Board. :D I know you guys that have some good stuff over there ...go ahead & move in here. We have a great base of pics, info, BS etc over there which would be nice to lay the footers with here! :D

Here goes with the cod school moving in! :lol:

Heres a pic of a 22 LB. Cod I caught last August out of Gloucester, MA. We were out on Cashes Ledge approx. 90 miles offshore. In 2 1/2 days of fishing my buddy & I ended up with about 300 lbs of fillets. Caught most on 18- 22 oz Diamond jigs with Flouro Green teasers in 120 plus ft of water. Using Penn 340 GTI High Speed rig. This summers trip we had rough seas and Capt aborted trip. A great trip when seas are good but when rough it makes a long 3 days.

I made about 5 cod trips so far. 2 of the trips were to Cashes Ledge and 3 to Georges Banks. Georges is about 150-180 miles out. You leave 10 PM and boat travels till bout 6 AM next day. You fish all day and sleep and fish third day and head back bout 12 noon and return to Gloucester late evening. Its a trip u must eat ur Wheaties before leaving. ;D

Scan0006_0006.jpg

jcchartboy, never did an overnite tuna but did a couple one day trips out of Wachapreague, VA for yellowfins. Be fun to try an overnite tuna trip for sure! :D My best trip for the yellowfins was Sept. 03 where we really hammered them...had over 700 LBS of tuna. :lol: I had a Thread over at Ole Board which I will bring in here to our New Board to get some tunafish on the table! :D

I plan a trip each year with a few friends, usually out of Montauk or Galile RI. If you are interested, I will let you know when we are making plans. You are welcome to come along. I am sure a few others from the board might be interested. Of course they would be invited as well.

Jeff:

Do you target Yellowfin or Bluefin? What technique do they use? Chunk, live bait, kite, balloon, etc.......

We go on an overnight party boat.
Chunking, and fishing live squid, when you can catch em.
Usually in October.
Bluefin,Yellowfin,Longfin. That mix will depends on which trip. All are usually caught each trip, just different #'s and sizes.

Jeff, let me know when you start putting trip together. If my schedule is open .....I'm game for sure! :D

Latest posts

Back