Goex is Back

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't used Goex in quite a few years. Of course, I haven't used any black powder in a looong time lol! Since I got back into it I have used Grafs brand and Swiss. I'd love to get some of this new Goex and see how it compares. The Graf powder is really dirty, I don't remember the old Goex being that dirty.
Is Swiss not blackpowder????

Is Swiss not blackpowder????
Yes of course. What I was saying was that since I started shooting black powder again, the only brands I have used are Swiss and Grafs. The Grafs brand is really dirty compared to the Swiss black powder. I'm wondering how Goex compares in the amount of fouling it leaves behind.

Well same talk as usual, none here at Graf's. Old E not going to be made til next year. That is what i was wanting, not the low power grade, So at least a 7-12 month wait for me.
How does Old E compare to Swiss? I've never used Old E but have always wanted to try it.

I talked to Goex about that once. They said the goal of OE was to match or even beat Swiss. He said they came close but couldn't quite match Swiss.

I was using Swiss at the time and just smiled. I never even tried OE after that conversation.

I shoot a lot of Olde E. Not quite as energetic as Swiss but an excellent powder. Shoots with less fouling and noticeably more energy than standard Goex.
Good to know. I'm really loving Swiss powder. When Goex starts making OE again I'm sure I will try it, but it sounds like Swiss is still the gold standard.

I have used Swiss and OE. They do run close, although Swiss seems to have that edge. That said, I still like supporting Goex ( USA made ) using both standard and OE. I sometimes wonder if Swiss has that edge because of the graphite coating. I’m sure some of you guys have noticed, you can shine a flashlight in a jug of Swiss, and it just gleams like hi-gloss. You don’t see that with American or German powder. Also the Swiss has a very distinctive smell which may be the graphite.

Latest posts

Back