Gold Rush favorite dies

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
What a shame! The old guy put up a fight and was in good spirits on the show that ended a couple weeks ago.

Sadly, we have received news that Grandpa John Schnabel passed away peacefully in his sleep early this morning at the age of 96.

A statement from the Schnabel family: "We couldn’t have asked for a better father, grandfather and overall family man. He was a true legend and we appreciate all of your love and support as we celebrate his wonderful life.”

Our thoughts go out to the Schnabel family. We'll miss you, Grandpa.​
10338210.jpg

Grampa John was a great man ..when he was mining full time at the beginning of the series he was a hard worker and also taught Parker lots..he was his mentor and advisor thru out the show...I enjoyed watching when he was on..a very wise man...Parker had the up most respect for him..the last time he was on this yer you could tell he was fighting for his last days...he fought to get to see Parkers last clean out and the finally of the season...this will be very hard on Parker...I hope some of the wisdom grampa taught him comes into play next season ..

R.I.P Grampa John ..you will be missed...prayers to the Family

Latest posts

Back