Got an MRI today

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
After my last SI joint injection the doctor wanted me to get a follow up MRI. This time they did something different so they could see the nerves exiting the spine or what ever and see if they were all coming through. I have to go back to denver on tuesday to see what he has to show me and say.

I don't think its going to be good because the guy that did the MRI was asking me questions about where my pain was and I told him my left side and he just turns to the nurse and and goes, See, I told you it was going to be the left side. And then hes asking me all these questions and with a real odd look on his face and his voice really kind of creepy ( to me anyway) asks. Did you fall on your butt in the last 6 months since we did the first MRI?

I hear that and just thought. Ahhhhhh ****, this isn't good. :evil: :evil:

Keep your head up. 

I was sent to the hospital in an emergency rush this autumn. 
They were full of dire looks and stopped talking to me in 
percentage chances of real problems so I knew I was in trouble. 
Plus, they were centered on my pancreas. 

Long story short, they convinced me I might have pancreatic cancer. 
(Never a good thing) To say they had my full attention might be an 
understatement. 

As I am still here, you can assume they were wrong. A lot of worry 
for no real reason. They like to worry. Don't go there until you know 
you have something to worry about. You will be fine.

Stay positive FG.  Identifying an issue is the first step to treatment if necessary.  The MRI is a good thing.

The positive side: Maybe this MRI can lead to a resolution of your pain.

I wish you the best!
Ron

Technicians like to think they are RDs (Real Doctors) and try to diagnose to show how smart they are. Do NOT pay any attention to what a tech says. Like Sgt. Schultz, they "know nothing."

Wait for orthopedist to tell you what he found.

To the Colonel: So what was the diagnosis? I read an article yesterday about pancreatic cancer that stated it is really 4 separate diseases, one of which is treatable.

I spent 15 days in intermediate IC with pancreatitis while they tried to decide what I had. That was 10 years ago so don't get down like I did. When I was in ICU, I made them bring me a form to make out a will. They did but didn't like it because it sets a up a defeatist attitude.

Bob, mine turned out to be a temporary bout with pancreatitis.
This appears in about 25% of the cases without known cause. 

That was my diagnosis. They went in for a biopsy and everything. 
Scared me. 

In fact, my appearance here is a direct result of that and listening to 
my Dad. I decided I wanted to do some of the things I had been 
dreaming about while I still can.

Once they get to the bottom of this and determine the cause of the pain and a fix, you will wish you had taken this step before now.

Been there, done that and no back pain for about 30 years now.

Glenn

:Red tup:
You can  do it Jonathan. Your a young guy. Get it fixed and be done with it and feel better the rest of your life.
Good luck.

Ray...........

Good luck to Jonathan, I just have this feeling things will work out to the best for you. Will be praying that they do also.

Well, no new damage in my back. The MRI he said looked good and what damage thats there, is older and wont need any work. I have some compression in my lower back, probably from falling when I was younger, but nothing serious.

He said the pain injections in my SI joints also look to have done the job so far for my leg pain.

He tested me for nerve damage and everything checked out ok so now he wants to try physical therapy for my neck and shoulder to see about the stiffness and numbness in my hands, neck and shoulders. At times, the tops of my shoulders feel like half frozen slab of meat and then thats when the pain REALLY kicks in.

So, we will see how it goes. 4 weeks of physical therapy to try out once they call it in.

I've always benefited from PT.  The mistake many people make is not to continue some form of follow-up exercise after PT to manage their condition.  My back PT was intended to correct asymmetry in muscle strength and flexibility and eventually developed into a weekly yoga routine for me.

Good luck with your PT FG.  Heads-up..., be prepared to hear from the therapist: "does that hurt"... :face:  "does that hurt" :affraid:

I know what you are going through was on pain management for years (ADDICTED) well I went to a Doctor who specialized in back problems especially nerve problems He operated on my back he removed autiritis and put spacers between my vertabrae  which after three months the nerve damage healed and I was 90% back to normal activity Then it was time to kick the doctor prescribed drug habit now that was a very hard task but I did it no longer dependent on drugs back to hunting and shooting. Wish you luck

Doctors seem to push drugs at you every chance they get. My wife was having trouble with asthma .. so the doctor prescribed Xanax "to calm her down."

After my knee surgery, one gave me Oxycontin. I took one pill .. couldn't sleep and the pain didn't let up. I took an Advil and the pain stopped and I slept great.
You just don't need all that addictive crap they push at you.

Latest posts

Back