Got room for onemore

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoyoteHunter

Reaction score
Hello All
My name is Joe and i'm new to muzzleloaders and here .I'm looking to learn as much as I can so I can muzzleloader hunt here in IL next year .I had a new one gave to me CVA Buckhorn magnum but after reading on this websight http://www.chuckhawks.com/index2h.muzzleloader.htm :huh?: I think i'm going to get another brand so all help and info is needed

Thanks
Joe

I forgot ta ad I was planing on useing 100 to 125 grains of 777 ffg powder and around 300 grain bullit andd shooting 125 yards max because where I hunt it is set for bow hunting

Joe

Joe - Welcome to the forum. It is good to have you here.

Do not under estimate that CVA Buckhorn Magnum. Wal Mart is selling them for $99.95 and I think if they go on sale I might pick on up. While a lot of people do not like the CVA/BPI rifles, there are sure a lot of them sold and in use. Also a lot of people have excellent results using them.

I have a CVA Staghorn Magnum which is what the Buckhorn Magnum replaced. It has two locking lugs to stock. While I do not shoot magnum loads out of my CVA.. 100 grains of powder and a lot of different projectiles will sure take game out to 125 yards for you with that rifle.

Before you sell it or trade it off, you might want to try the rifle. Clean it according to the manual. I would try 100 grains of Pyrodex RS and a 250 grain Shockwave and see what it does for you. The rifle should also shoot powerbelts well.

But if what you read upsets you, then by all means sell it and get something that you are comfortable with.

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the welcome cayuga
I don't think i'm going to sell it I will at least give it a try an if I dont like it then I will start lookin around . My buddy just got a NEF Sidekick an he is hitting soda cans at 125 yards with it and I shot it yesterday and liked it and we are ging out thisafternoon to shoot mine. I just don't want to go and spend a butt load of money knowing i'm only going to shoot it 30 or 40 times a year if I was going to use it for coyote hunting like I use my Kimber then I would go and buy the top of the line.

Joe

Latest posts

Back