got some pork shoulders going on tonite .

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffB1961

Reaction score
we've got a family reunion tomorrow and i was asked to do pulled pork again . that's about 34 pounds . thankfully food lion has shoulders for 99 cents a pound .
and patricia is gonna make her awesome cole slaw !

20220527_155340.jpg

gonna put them on about 5 and let them cook at 200-225 . i'll wrap them about 3-330 depending on when i wake up to pee and pul. them off about 6-7 in the morning . ill let them rest till when we get there about 10:30-11:00 and pull them apart then . i've got a oklahoma joes bronco and i luv that thing ! it's almost set it and forget it . i will admit that my offset does make slightly better tasting food , but i have to baby sit it and i like to sleep ! hahahaha .

20220527_160528.jpg

started

20220527_165516.jpg

Last edited:
beautiful Tazewell Va . :)

toytruck it's in Cleveland Va at the community center . it's my ladies family but they've all been very accepting of my transplanted city slicker butt . ;)

about a year and 3-4 months ago i bought a used electric masterbuilt for $50 . a few months later i got a new oklahoma joes longhorn combo (half offset and half 3 burner gas) , then late last summer we got the bronco and a sams club 4 burner griddle and a few months ago i won a new weber 22 inch kettle from a guy on youtube . so i think i'm covered on the outdoor cooking .

Just looking at my road atlas. I see where you are. My wife and I once looked at an old school house that was coverted to a house. 5 acre lot, 2 ponds on the property. Beautiful, but not in our budget.
It was somewhere near Marion.

Woodstock is in Shenandoah Co. just North of where I am in the Valley of Virginia. Tazewell is in far SW Virginia, and I do mean far... ( much farther than Marion). When I was in my mid twenties to early thirties I lived in the county where the elk are now. Go figure after I leave.....

Back