Great Day on the River

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Reaction score
I’ve been at my place in Oklahoma since Tuesday mowing and getting things ready for deer season, but I took time today to do a little catfishing. The Salt Fork of the Arkansas river runs through my property, and the fishing is usually really good. Due to the drought last year, the river went dry last August, and though I’ve tried several times in the last year, I haven’t had any luck catching anything. I didn’t have high hopes today but was pleasantly surprised.
I caught 5 in the 14-16” range and got a bunch of bites. I tend to think I’m in pretty decent shape for a guy in his mid 50’s, but after spending most of the day wading in knee deep water and “quick sand”, my butt is dragging. It was still a great day.
IMG_3535.jpeg
IMG_3536.jpeg
IMG_3537.jpeg

I catch them a lot while walleye fishing
always throw them back some real big ones too.
They any good to eat?
How do you clean them?

Nice catch ! I love fried catfish ! Weather been too warm for me too to hunt so I'm going seabass fishing tomorrow with a good buddy of mine ! Well good fishing & hunting !

Nice catch ! I love fried catfish ! Weather been too warm for me too to hunt so I'm going seabass fishing tomorrow with a good buddy of mine ! Well good fishing & hunting !
Black Seabass are excellent fish. I've caught many of them wreck fishing right where Tog are caught too only with diff bait.

Back