Green Mountain small game rifle 32 cal

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that one is to expensive the guy first listed it for $1000 then went up I bought one a few months ago for half that off Gun Broker

Seems odd that he was asking $1k, someone offered him $1200, but he didn't take it? He must really believe that its worth a lot more. Or he's full of $#!t.
no i'm not full of s..t someone did offer me that price but since i already had the auction up i left it on there and explained why i raised the price why should i lose 200 or more ? these guns are very rare and this one is pretty much brand new mint condition. they sold for 799 new in 2005-2006 i spoke with knight rifles who owned green mountain at the time and they have no idea how many they actually made? we get into these debates all the time about what a gun is worth and it is different for every gun and every person i personally have no problem paying top dollar for something you will probably will never see again.

no i'm not full of s..t someone did offer me that price but since i already had the auction up i left it on there and explained why i raised the price why should i lose 200 or more ? these guns are very rare and this one is pretty much brand new mint condition. they sold for 799 new in 2005-2006 i spoke with knight rifles who owned green mountain at the time and they have no idea how many they actually made? we get into these debates all the time about what a gun is worth and it is different for every gun and every person i personally have no problem paying top dollar for something you will probably will never see again.
I can respect that you want to get every thing you can for it. I only commented on the reasoning. To me, it sounds like exactly what you explained, an attempt to get more money for it. I hope you do. I know that the price of some rare guns in high demand are going for very high prices. Rare doesn't always mean Its in demand. Its a sweet gun but in this world of decreasing interest in MLs, that gun may not generate the demand. I hope you get a lot of bids on it brother.

Seems odd that he was asking $1k, someone offered him $1200, but he didn't take it? He must really believe that its worth a lot more. Or he's full of $#!t.
i will take it after the first auction is over i didn't want to yank it so i told the guy he would have to wait for the first auction to end but i raised the price because 200 or more is good money and it make my return a little better i paid a good price for it and want to make a few bucks for myself for my retirement fund that's why i find hard to find rare guns and turn them around for a few bucks !

I can respect that you want to get every thing you can for it. I only commented on the reasoning. To me, it sounds like exactly what you explained, an attempt to get more money for it. I hope you do. I know that the price of some rare guns in high demand are going for very high prices. Rare doesn't always mean Its in demand. Its a sweet gun but in this world of decreasing interest in MLs, that gun may not generate the demand. I hope you get a lot of bids on it brother.
you know the longer it sits there the more i don't want to sell it i regret selling a few of my guns but know full well they will just sit in the safe so might as well make a few pennies !

Very pretty rifle, that's for sure. Does anyone know how they were built. The action looks to be from a Disc or DISC Extreme. Is the barrel screw on or is the barrel and action one piece? We never see any of those for sale in Canada and bringing over the boarder is such a pain in the butt. From the 1st time I saw one I had thought about putting together my own. The interest got piqued again recently when I read an article about Besthill having done an SML conversion using the Knight action.

Thoughts?

Hey ive paid too much for several guns that im never going to shoot and may not ever sell. Its an addiction sometimes.

I’ve never “paid too much” for a rifle.

I have, however, “bought too soon.” 🤭

Invariably, the price we pay will look good, a couple of years down the road. That’s my story, and I’m sticking to it! 🤣

Very pretty rifle, that's for sure. Does anyone know how they were built. The action looks to be from a Disc or DISC Extreme. Is the barrel screw on or is the barrel and action one piece? We never see any of those for sale in Canada and bringing over the boarder is such a pain in the butt. From the 1st time I saw one I had thought about putting together my own. The interest got piqued again recently when I read an article about Besthill having done an SML conversion using the Knight action.

Thoughts?
Yes nice looking for sure ! Yes disc extreme action you know I can't remember if it's one piece but I doubt it. Yeah Canada what a shame that tredeau is a real piece of work what a communist s.o.b.!!!! If I still lived in new York I would never think of selling this rifle with all the squirrels now that reminds me of another communist well I'm gonna stop there ! Lol

Latest posts

Back