GRRW-CA 1838 H.E. LEMAN TRADE RIFLE PROJECT UNDERWAY.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck Conner1

Reaction score
SUBJECT: GRRW-CA 1838 H.E. Leman Trade Rifle Project Underway.

As I'm sure most are aware there were many different metals used for building early firearms, brass was common, bronze more expensive and only a few have survived. Several of us have always remembered a brass barreled Leman of small caliber seen in several collector catalogs back in the 50's.

The newest issue of Muzzleloader page 15, David Wright (old friend) shows such an animal. The "FIRE" was started once again for the desire to own such a gun. I called Doc White (founder of GRRW, White Muzzleloader, [was the first to patent and built the in-line rifles], and known custom gunsmith). Soon as he heard my voice he started laughing, "I knew you would call as soon as you saw Wright's page in Muzzleloader". We both had a good laugh over that remark...

Today Doc will be on the phone with his custom barrel maker to see what the cost would be for the brass plus steel barrel in .43 caliber. See photo's of my original 1838 Leman rifle which we will copy (can't get any better than that) for this new project.

1838%20Lemans.jpg
1838%20Leman%20Trade%20Rifle%20plans_1.jpg

Latest posts

Back