GUNS I REGRET selling TOP 10!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big6x6

Reaction score
:cry:

Well I have a new. So far, NONE of them were muzzleloaders! :lol:

1. Browning BSS 20ga. :!: :cry:
2. SigSauer P220 .45 APC
3. SigSauer P226 9mm
4. Colt Trooper nickel .357 Mag
5. Smith and Wesson Chiefs Special .38 Special SS
6. Walther P-38 :!:
7. Dakota .22 LR bolt action. :!: :!: :cry:
8. SigSauer P230 .380
9. Browning A-500
10. Beretta 92

ChucK I have had 4 trooper mk III's, I really USED to like them until I took one apart. Can you believe the MK III had a plastic part in the lock work! Well now the only Colt 357 I will even look at is a Python. The MkIV,King Cobra, and 44 Anaconda were all junk too.
There are a couple I really regret not buying though; HK SL7 and a HK91. But things were tight then and they are still on my list.

1. Two Remington 541S's.
2. S&W nickel 41 Magnum 4 inch
3. Ruger bull barrel 6MM
4. Remington Mountain Rifle 280 AI
5. Remington 788(?) in 7-08 (first year it was made)
6. Remington 700 custom 6/284
7. Smith model 10 custom combat wheel gun by Gary Peach.
8. Walther PPK 380 (bought in 1980 ish)
9. Remington 700 bull barrel 25.06
10. Several S&W wheel guns.

Luckily I never owned any real "high dollar" guns.

Oh well...live and learn.

Almost forgot...Two Rem 700 bull barrel 22-250's...dam!

Mike

There have been LOTS of guns that I should never have sold/traded but the one that stands out in my mind is the 700 Custom in .270Win that was delivered to me while we were sitting alongside the sub tender in Rota, Spain. The Captain allowed me to put the rifle in the forward torpedo room small arms locker - so the rifle made a patrol with me. Absolutely gorgeous rifle with spectacular wood and bluing that was a deep dark purple. I would occasionally get it out of the locker and pretend to deer hunt amongst the MK-45s.

Traded it off in a flurry of insanity.

1. Two Remington 541S's.

2. S&W nickel 41 Magnum 4 inch

Those two must have REALLY hurt!

ChucK I have had 4 trooper mk III's, I really USED to like them until I took one apart.

That TRUE...But at least it was a Colt!

Marlin 30/30, first deer rifle
Stevens single shot 20 ga. plastic stock, first shotgun
Stevens single shot 22,first 22
Redclub

1. Colt auto 22 rifle (Still sick over that one) :cry:
2. Ruger Old Army stainless .44cal black powder

I pretty much wised up after this and only buy not sell unless it's something replaceable. 8)

Too many to list all but one that stands out...an ole Model 99 300 Savage lever action.

Looks like a nice 99 JJ!

The one I sold was my Grandpaps...when I dumb & didnt know any better. :lol:

- To be old and wise you must first be young and stupid! :wink:

1. Browning BSS 20ga. :!: :cry:
6. Walther P-38 :!:
9. Browning A-500

Had several of all three. GLAD to see the A500R and A500G go. Worst shotguns I've owned. :shock:

Liked the P-38's, as long as you fed them hard ball. Glocks and Bro. Hi-Powers win in 9mm-- at least for me.

The BSS's I had were okay, but "clunky." All silver non-selectable triggers, hated the auto safety reset.

Only one that comes to mind was a S & W K22 6" TT TS. Likely the best .22 pistol I ever had. No clue why I sold it. :cry:

HR single shot 410 and a Dan Wesson 357 revolver 6" barrel. Can't remember why I sold them now, but wish I did'nt.

I actually sold my GPR one year after an exceptionally long drag to buy something lighter. Three years later I tracked it dow thru three people and was able to buy it back :D . Never again. I also went thru alot of rifles and shotguns when I was younger (and had more spare cash).

Back