HANDGUNNING FOR FUN AND PROFIT!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rifleman

Reaction score
Okay guys I have not been doing much with the shooting tips so here are a few tips for handgunning you might find helpful....or not :D

1. Front sight, Front sight, Front sight, your whole world is the front sight.

2. Grip, a proper grip is important, but a consistent grip is critical. Change your grip and you can even change your zero.

3. A good position is still important with a pistol, just as in rifles we start from the ground up.

4. Natural point of aim is still important and can even speed up things on multiple targets if you take the time to find your NPOA.

5. Want to shoot the pistol better? Cheapest and best piece of advice I can give, were earplugs AND muffs.

6. Practice with one hand on a bullseye for 2 weeks, then add the second hand, you will be surprised at the improvement you make.

7. Look at the target after the shot and you will be off the mark. Follow thru gents, focus on the front sight through recoil. Avoid reactive targets,shoot black bulls from a distance you cannot see the holes until you scope it. You remove the temptation to break focus on the front sight.

8 If you cannot shoot a 1 to 2 inch group at 25 yards one handed, no bench, you need a new pistol or more practice, or both.

9. Night sights are great but get a good flashlight and make sure you are not getting ready to kill a family member when you hear that bump in the night. I am talking from experience here folks, I would rather take a bullet then put one in someone I love.

10. Pack the biggest piece you can conceal and shoot well, even a 44 mag is puny compared to a 12 gauge slug.

11. If you live in Illinois better move to Indiana where you can.

12. I'm a Glock fan for good reason, but that is a subject for another time.

Good pointers there Dwight!

I have had Mrs. Loggy out quite a few times teachin her how to use my HP 9. I will pass some of this on to her for sure. I really enjoy watchin her shoot! First & foremost i covered all the safety rules and features of the HP. God hope never occurs but she is to the point of being able to provide a degree of protection for homestead from any unwelcome intruders when ole Loggy aint around. :lol:

As you stressed, one must be 100% sure of their target before pullin that trigger!

Latest posts

Back