he can maybe hold a beer

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, my 400.00 pole & reel once again, got yanked over the rail of the pier. We just starting to get packed up to call it a day. I just turned away from my only remaining pole in the water & out of the corner of my eye I get to see it, in a split second, go flying over the rail. I was sick to my stomach. A/C grabs his pole & casts out trying to hook my pole, while I was tying on a heavy lure with a treble hook to try & catch my pole as well. He does hook it, gets me the pole back ( thats the second time he's had to do that ) Ant the fish is STILL ON. I believe it was a good sized shark by the way it was fighting & the power it had. Just like the one I hooked earlier, it headed unto the heavy current & went under the pier where the concrete & rocks covered in shells cut the 60lb braided line like nothing. And, just like that, it was over. However it couldn't have been any more beautiful of a place ( Cedar Key pier ) nor any more of a beautiful day weather wise.... and the company wasn't too terribly bad neither. That was my first time fishing from Cedar Key pier, and I can't wait to go back.

Latest posts

Back