Hello from Alaska

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grizz12

Reaction score
Hi, I had a buddy gift me a knight 54 cal and since I haven't shot BP for over 20 years now I figured I would check out this place to re-learn everything.

What city in Alaska (that's found on a common map) are you nearest to?

I watch all the various Life Below Zero TV Shows. Even if the plot for any particular episode turns out boring, I still enjoy all the pics of the Wildlife and beautiful scenery in the backgrounds of these Shows.

There was an episode a year or two ago where reality casting actor and actress Andy and Denise were seen using a percussion muzzleloader to either target shoot, or for hunting..... can't recall which.

What city in Alaska (that's found on a common map) are you nearest to?

I watch all the various Life Below Zero TV Shows. Even if the plot for any particular episode turns out boring, I still enjoy all the pics of the Wildlife and beautiful scenery in the backgrounds of these Shows.

There was an episode a year or two ago where reality casting actor and actress Andy and Denise were seen using a percussion muzzleloader to either target shoot, or for hunting..... can't recall which.
I’m on the Kenai Peninsula

I personally know a few people on the Alaskan reality shows, a fair amount of staging takes place in conjunction with reality, don’t believe everything you see. Considering Alaska is the biggest state in the union, it’s really kind of small when you look at the road system. And it’s nothing like the majority of tv shows make it out to be. Nine out of ten people who move up here end up leaving within the first few years because it’s so much harder than they expected, cost of living is outrageous jobs are difficult to find, and cabin fever is a real thing that can really mess a person up. But I love it up here 😁

Back