Hello from SW WASHINGTON

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottyD60

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Been a long time deer, elk, bear hunter & have recently been intrigued by hunting with muzzleloader. Finally "pulled the trigger" a few years ago, borrowing my cousins 50 cal breachload muzzleloader. Successful 1st hunt for blacktail using it.
This year had the opportunity to pick up a Traditions Lightning Series E-bolt 209/Tracker 209 with a ton of accessories for $150.
Also grabbed a Knight Hawkeye HK 94. I saw the Knight logo on the barrel, but was a little puzzled by the "MML INC .50 CAL" stamped on it. But knew enough that it was probably worth what I paid for it, I'll just say it wasn't any more than the Traditions rifle.
I'm glad I got into this style of hunting, unable to hunt like I used to, being 60+ yrs old and having a broken back isn't conducive to hiking for elk hunting. But I feel fortunate to have been able to harvest one trophy bull and several branched bulls over the years, just looking forward to experiencing my 1st elk harvest this year. Fingers crossed!!!

Welcome! I am from Creswell Oregon. Good luck with the hunt!
I'm just glad I'm hunting the coast, brushy but flat ground, a real life saver. Plus it's either sex and you can't put enough gravy on the horns to make em taste good!!! I've got a nice branched 5x5 bull on the trailcam, but numerous cows that will suffice.

I'm just glad I'm hunting the coast, brushy but flat ground, a real life saver. Plus it's either sex and you can't put enough gravy on the horns to make em taste good!!! I've got a nice branched 5x5 bull on the trailcam, but numerous cows that will suffice.
Ick! Horn gravy... so gross

Latest posts

Back