KNIGHT HAWKEYE HK 94 MML INC .50 CAL

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottyD60

Reaction score
New to site,
Just purchased a Knight Hawkeye HK 94 MML INC .50 CAL.
I have found it was only made from 93-95, apparently they're pretty rare, and didn't come with any manual, and also wondering if I can change it to a 209 primer as the #11 primer won't seat on this unit, probably missing a part?
I haven't contacted Knight about it yet, hoping to find out here. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 20211116_131724.jpg
    20211116_131724.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 44
  • 20211116_131654.jpg
    20211116_131654.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 46
I'd stick with #11's if it was me. Maybe you have the wrong nipple? #11's just press on and hold tight, and the flat face hammer ignites them perfectly. Its a great ignition system.

Is there any chance the breech plug that's in it is the one for the red plastic jacket 209?

I learn something on here every day. Never heard of or have seen that model. Totally jealous. That thing is awesome! I have a vs pistol and that looks like it is way easier to shoot like a pistol. V2 is more of a 2 hand pistol grip carbine. That is a real pistol!

I have an old Knight MK-85 Owners Manual and it references the HK-94 but doesn't show a breakdown picture of the pistol, just the MK-85.

But, if I am not mistaken, the bolt and firing pin mechanism is the same (someone correct me if I am wrong please).

I would recommend that you get with sabotloader who is a member here. He is very knowledgeable about Knights.

New to site,
Just purchased a Knight Hawkeye HK 94 MML INC .50 CAL.
I have found it was only made from 93-95, apparently they're pretty rare, and didn't come with any manual, and also wondering if I can change it to a 209 primer as the #11 primer won't seat on this unit, probably missing a part?

Without seeing a picture of the nipple and breech plug - I am just really guessing here. But since you say that a #11 will not seat on the nipple post I would assume that it is a Musket nipple.

It is probably an old slotted head breech plug with a nipple screwed into the BP. You would have to remove the Nipple with a standard long handle nipple tool. Then with the right BP wrench or a makeshift tool like a large screw driver you might be able to remove the BP. From that point you could replace the current breech plug with a new hex head version.

Now then changing to a 209 ignition is not impossible but will be some what of a problem. Knight no longer offers a bare primer replacement breech plug because of liability. The do off a Red Plastic Jacket version breech plug that you insert 209 primers into then insert the assembly on the RPJ breech plug.

To use this assembly you would have to get a new hammer assembly with a pointed comb in the nose to ignite the 209 primer.

Verify that the hammer in your HK has a flat face not a hammer with a pointed cone in the nose of the hammer

Here is a pic of the Knight percussion hammers.

Knight_Percussion_Hammers.jpg

I haven't contacted Knight about it yet, hoping to find out here. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
I have an old Knight MK-85 Owners Manual and it references the HK-94 but doesn't show a breakdown picture of the pistol, just the MK-85.

But, if I am not mistaken, the bolt and firing pin mechanism is the same (someone correct me if I am wrong please).

I would recommend that you get with sabotloader who is a m
I'd stick with #11's if it was me. Maybe you have the wrong nipple? #11's just press on and hold tight, and the flat face hammer ignites them perfectly. Its a great ignition system.
The nipple is just a hair bigger than #11 primer. The guy I got it from is 86 yrs old and his memory is questionable, but he's pretty sure it's a
ember here. He is very knowledgeable about Knights.
Thanks for the help!!! I will check into it when I get back into my hometown. Have a store that carries the kit and a friend works there & said we can pop one of the kits open and mic them to make sure they'll match. 🤞🤞
Without seeing a picture of the nipple and breech plug - I am just really guessing here. But since you say that a #11 will not seat on the nipple post I would assume that it is a Musket nipple.

It is probably an old slotted head breech plug with a nipple screwed into the BP. You would have to remove the Nipple with a standard long handle nipple tool. Then with the right BP wrench or a makeshift tool like a large screw driver you might be able to remove the BP. From that point you could replace the current breech plug with a new hex head version.

Now then changing to a 209 ignition is not impossible but will be some what of a problem. Knight no longer offers a bare primer replacement breech plug because of liability. The do off a Red Plastic Jacket version breech plug that you insert 209 primers into then insert the assembly on the RPJ breech plug.

To use this assembly you would have to get a new hammer assembly with a pointed comb in the nose to ignite the 209 primer.

Verify that the hammer in your HK has a flat face not a hammer with a pointed cone in the nose of the hammer

Here is a pic of the Knight percussion hammers.

Knight_Percussion_Hammers.jpg
I'll post a couple of pics of the nipple and hammer face when I get back home on Monday. I didn't bring the pistol with me.
Thanks for the excellent advice and help, it's very appreciated.

I have 3 of them. Great guns. I think there is an owners manual on here somewhere. MK85 conversion works if you want to go that route.
3 Knight pistols? Wow I have been having a hard timing finding one since I learned about them 5 or so years ago. Have you takin any game with them?

Here is the old owners manual for this pistol:

Attachments

• Knight Hawkeye Pistol Owners Manual.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 8
Back