Help identify this mold

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigHoss

Reaction score
I bought this recently at a gun show. I know it’s a maxi ball mold but other than that I don’t know much about it. At the base of the maxi ball it measured just slightly larger then 1/2” so I’m assuming it’s for a 50cal. Pretty new to muzzleloaders and haven’t casted my own bullets yet but I’m going to try it out here soon. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0770.jpeg
    IMG_0770.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0769.jpeg
    IMG_0769.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0768.jpeg
    IMG_0768.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 1
I have a T/C Maxi-Ball mold in .54 Cal. It looks pretty much the same in design. At any rate, it looks to be in good condition. Good luck with molding bullets. There are lots of good threads on this forum to guide you.
Kinda surprised there’s no more marking on it as gas as caliber or anything

I bought this recently at a gun show. I know it’s a maxi ball mold but other than that I don’t know much about it. At the base of the maxi ball it measured just slightly larger then 1/2” so I’m assuming it’s for a 50cal. Pretty new to muzzleloaders and haven’t casted my own bullets yet but I’m going to try it out here soon. Thanks
I have the same one. 50 caliber made by TC.

I would measure the bullet and the caliber of the rifle. See how they match up!

Back