HI, I'm a new member

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slugnut

Reaction score
Being a new member, I have a question. Does T7 3F/ 2F (100 gr, ) loose powder leave a "crud ring" as the T7 pellets do, as I read in this on this web site ? I'd like to thank all of you that will respond to this question in advance for your time and help. I'm currently shooting an older CVA , optima and the newer optima V2 version. In the past, I used Blackhorn 209, now it's to expensive for the average shooter, like me.

:welcome:

Unfortunately all T7 leaves a crud ring. But its not so bad. First I think most will agree that if you use a #11 for ignition the crud ring will be less than if you use 209s. But use what you have and like. I use a spit patch between shots no matter what powder I shoot and with a few strokes the ring will be gone. For all powders I get the patch started and put the gun over my shoulder with the muzzle down to swab. At least for the first stroke. Let any gunk fall on the patch. Then finish until I dont feel the ring. I use T7 with about 70% of my shooting Pyrodex for 20% and Swiss for about 9% and BH209 for 1%. Only use BH209 when I travel out of state. Other opinions may vary.

Latest posts

Back