Homemade sausage.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAF

Reaction score
Decided I'm going to try making some sausage again. Last time I tried the problem was my mickey mouse smoker. Sausage just didn't turn out. So, I decided that I would build a new one. The quickest and easiet was to build it out of wood. It's 3' x 3' x 7' high. For a heat source I'm using my burner of my turkey cocker, with an old frying pan for the wood chips. Because of space I made it to easily come apart. Gave it a test run last night and thinks it'll work fine. Have 30 lbs of pork and deer almost ready to go. Going to make 15 lbs of polish and 15 lbs of Summer sausage this weekend. here's a couple of pictures to give you an idea.

test20009.jpg

test20005.jpg

Nice set-up there RAF!!!! Looks like you are doing it right. Look forward to report on the Yummy Sausage!

My Mother has an ole Smokehouse at her place that hasent been used for many moons. :D Dad used to smoke hams etc in it.

Thanks for sharin pics.

Report coming soon. This morning I'm mixing and stuffing the casings. Has to rest over night and will be smoing tomorrow. Am making 15 lbs of summer sausage and 15 lbs of Polish.

CALL 1-800-LOGGY for sausage delivery instructions. :lol:

:D :D :D . I think that before I make that call, I'd better make sure this will be edible. Will start the smoke process in about 3/4 of an hour. Will or should take the better part of the day 8) 8) Got my thermometers ready so I know when they're done. :)

Well, the sausage is done. Tried a little piece when I took it out but it was still hot so can't make a real judgment yet. Here's a picture I took at 7:30 in the morning after I loaded the smoker.

test20014.jpg

No more reports RAF? Not sure if thats a good or bad sign. :lol:

Oh, sorrry about that :) . It turned out real good. Kids came by, tried it and liked it and went home with a bunch. Should have enough left to last a couple of weeks. Then I'll have to make some more. Just to get your taste bud watering, a couple of days ago did a chicken in there. Put in a brine over night and smoke for about 7 hours, MMMMMMM :D

Sounds good there. Great when a plan comes together! :lol:

Latest posts

Back