I Am Elated

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patocazador

Reaction score
My dog Nyssa disappeared shortly after letting her out on Tuesday morning. She has never run off like that in 10 years of living here. I searched everywhere. Even though we have few neighbors, they all called their family and friends and searched.
I saw buzzards tearing up a carcass close to my place today but, thankfully, it was a dead possum.

At 9:30 tonight something told me to go to the door and call her. When I did, she came out of the shadows. Her eyes are inflamed but otherwise she is in good shape. She has fattened up so she had access to food. I believe someone had her but turned her loose when everyone was calling and searching. It's nice to have good neighbors.

Tonight, I will sleep good for the first time since she disappeared. Those of you with dogs know how I feel. :cheers:

Nyssa you were missed. Glad she got home safe. Sleep well Bob!

I know how it is to be missing a dog and losing sleep. My dog and I walked up on a black bear as I was almost back to the trailhead late one evening. My Border Collie took off back up the trail. It was almost dark and starting to rain. It was my first time at this location 40 miles back in the boonies. Called and waited until well after midnight and had to get home to take care of animals. I cut some small lodge pole and made a shelter for my dog and left an old coat where it would stay dry. Went home (1 1/2hr drive one way), did chores, ate, made coffee, returned to trailhead at daylight and there she was on my coat. With all the wolves in that area I did not think I would ever see her again.
John

man, I am glad you got her back! Its a gut sickening feeling when a loved pet goes missing. Every night when I let Bubba out, I put a glow in the dark collar on him so I can find him when hes being an ass.

Glad you her back. Losing a dog is as bad as it gets for me and i'm sure for you too.

I almost lost my Buddy twice in the mountains. The first time he went after a moose and never came back. I found him 10 hours later 7 miles down the mountain. I had lost my voice from calling for him, and could barely talk when a guy on a dirt bike came by. I asked him if he saw a dog and he said yes 7 miles from where we were. I followed him with my Jeep. When we got there here came running Buddy from a creek. I was in tears.

The 2nd time was similar, except he was chasing some pronghorn. He never came back and I looked all day. At dark I had to give up and went home. My heart was broken. When I got home I had a message on the phone. It was the animal shelter. Some woman had picked him up and brought him there. They got my number through the license on his collar.

He knows not to chasing game now, so hopefully it never happens again.

Bob...I am so glad you got her back...and in good health other than the eyes...I know what you went thru while she is missing..I have been there a couple time my self...and its not a good feeling...it is like a child went missing...calling people and driving the roads looking and up all might checking every 10 minutes to see if they came home...

Welcome Home Nyssa...

Al

Glad you got her back Bob!!  You do lots of hunts together. I also know exactly how you feel.

That is great news that you found her!

A meter reader didn't close the gate to our yard completely and all our 3 greyhounds were gone! No matter how well trained, sight hounds will focus on something and chase and are hard to call back.

I did get them. After spotting them one at a time around the neighborhood, I didn't give chase, but sat on the curb and started laughing. Each one stopped in their tracks, stared at me as if I was crazy (comments anticipated) and came to me.
Ron

Thank you all for your comments. I appreciate the empathy shown.

She was covered with fleas so I gave her a flea bath today after a haircut. It's been in the 80s the last few days and that long hair gets hot. The fleas have developed resistance to the pyrethrins in the shampoo. A few years ago a quick dip killed all the vermin in about 30 seconds; now it just makes them sick and about 1/3 survive.

There like kids you become very attached. I have one that follows me everywhere. The other one always gives me a hug when I come home from work. Cavalier King charles spaniels they are great loving dogs. Glad you found her Bob. Al

2011028.jpg

Here are my 2 girls. The one in the front follows me every where the white one is full of hugs when I come home from work. She jumps up on the back of the couch and up on me putting her paws around my neck. There great Al

oh my lord! The black and brown dog has a face that reminds me of Oprah!

FrontierGander said:
Now, Jonathan. You shouldn't be making fun of Al's dog. That is a very attractive dog. :D
Ron

That there is a rat found in London by a childrens school. Al

I might have guessed it's from England. They block off roads so people won't run over frogs. Hedgehogs have more rights than landowners.
If that guy happened to kill that rat, he'd probably be arrested .. and fired.

FrontierGander said:
You're in trouble now!  You gots to be careful talking about okra that way.

Latest posts

Back