ICE OUT!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rifleman

Reaction score
The boys tell me the ice is almost off the lake, so I hope to be Striper fishin in a week or two, hopefully it will be another great year.
Got a few new tricks to try, like a saltwater spinner bait I picked up in Florida.
How bout you Loggy. are ya ready yet?
Jimmy is that Whaler ready for the open sea?
Rman

Ice out? :shock: Lucky dog. I still have to wait at least 2 month. Was fishing on the weekend. Caught lots of ice :cry: and it's still hard and 3 feet thick :?

Raf, a pal was on the lake yesterday and trolling small jigs and actually hooked up for a minute. I hope to get out in a week or two.

Once again I'm envious. Oh well I'll just have to wait. Can't wait to post some pics of the fresh walleye I'll be eatin' in May and June :D

Stripers

Rifleman,

In the "Chesapeake Bay" if your not trolling umbrella rigs for stripers
your not Striper fishing. The rig has five 6" sassey shads with a rigged
center shad about a foot behind the rigged teaser shads. :eek:

Stripers can't resist them. The rig has become Maryands "state flower"

Choc-dog

I run Umbrellas quite a bit, same set up as you guys. They work great here, but we find they do best during the hotter months when the fish are deep. Early season a single jig seems to be more effective.

:D Hi Dwight. Yeah, im chumpin ay the bit!!!!

Be mid april or a lil before. I got a new elec start installed on my ole recoil start 25 Johnson plus a Mac Prop guard so im ready to rock & ready for dem rocks!!! :lol:

DSCF0401.jpg

Very nice Loggy, that sure looks stout. I am sure the electric start will be a nice addition too.

Went out yesterday and tested the new navigator engine mount trolling motor, it worked great. Water was cold 41 degrees and muddy. Didn't catch anything but it was nice to be out and about.

I'm going to the lake this weekend and I'll test the waters. I'm sure it's still hard and 3 feet thick. Maybe if I drill a hole in it the fish will sacrifice themselves and jump out through the hole :)

Loggy,

Is that "rock guard" for your Susquehanna river fishing???

Choc-dog

Back