I'm sure this will come as no surprise...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big6x6

Reaction score
After all the coyote hunting talk this weekend(thanks Nug! :x ) I ordered me a Foxpro FX3 this am. I just can't afford Nugs Merkel Varmintmaster 5000 Magnum caller :lol: that he was showing off so I settled on the Foxpro. I got a pretty good deal on ebay...$480.00 NIB, free shipping, and included the Nicad batteries/charger and a case.

Well I'm gonna give it a try over the next couple of weeks!

Awesome!

I am going to get one once I settle in with my first muzzleloader and supplies :lol:

I new it would either be you or JJ to be the first to move towards the Nugster's level... Let us know how it works...

I was not sure if it was a similar model... JJ made it sound like his was a Fishers Price unit next to a Bose system :D :D That's what I was thinking anyway..... :) :)

big6x6 said:
After all the coyote hunting talk this weekend(thanks Nug! :x ) I ordered me a Foxpro FX3 this am. I just can't afford Nugs Merkel Varmintmaster 5000 Magnum caller :lol: that he was showing off so I settled on the Foxpro. I got a pretty good deal on ebay...$480.00 NIB, free shipping, and included the Nicad batteries/charger and a case.

Well I'm gonna give it a try over the next couple of weeks!

This is great Chuck. Congratulation. Yes, this coyote talk made me hungry for a blood. I need to kill one. Let us know how you'll do. What gun are you going to use?

Nugs Merkel Varmintmaster 5000 Magnum caller

LOL!!!!

That is funny as heck!

I have an FX3 as well. In reality it IS a good caller but next to Nug's contraption it is outclassed! We didnt get any yotes but the crows sure were coming in!

What gun are you going to use?

Probably a Kimber 84 .223..light and fast handling with plenty of punch!

boatandwood%20012.jpg

I've got an FX3 also. I didn't need all the sounds that came on it (mountain lion, elk, etc.), so I ordered a 16 sound package from Foxpro and downloaded it onto my FX3. I purchased some of Foxpro's new MarkII sounds which are great sounding. Now I've got all distress sounds on it plus 3 crow sounds. My coyote calling success ratio has gone way up since I've gotten the FX3. I think the ability to get the sound away from you is key in some situations. Just last Monday, I was able to call in two at once and got a double on coyotes. I've been having a blast predator calling the last couple of winters. When a predator comes in to the call and is looking for YOU, it is a rush like no other! It makes the winter go by much faster I know for sure!

Here is a great forum for predator hunting, I've learned a wealth of information there just like I've learned a bunch about ML's from the Modern Muzzleloader forum here. Check it out if you haven't already.....

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?Cat=0

Chuck, you're gonna love the FX3! After you call your first predator in with it, you'll be hooked for sure also!

Latest posts

Back