Indiana deer the last 3 years.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rfravel

Reaction score
2007[/img]
rs2.jpg

rs1.jpg

2006[/img]
PICT4212copy.jpg

skull2006.jpg

2005[/img]
Deer2005023.jpg

PICT4225-1.jpg
[/img]
These are all Parke County Deer.

Thanks, they aren't the monsters that alot of the guys kill but I'm happy with them and they taste good too.

rfravel - First off let me welcome you to the forum. It's great to have you here.

Those are some fantastic bucks. I would be happy to haul any of them home with me. Thrilled might be a better word. As for not being monsters like some shoot.. they are right up there in my book. Congratulations. That buck this year is a big body deer. Very nice.

Also I pity you last year. I have had to drag two of them out of the woods by myself before. After about a quarter mile of drag one, go back drag the other, I was never so glad to see my buddy come driving up on my ATV. He said he heard me shoot and figured I had one down. Smart man.

Again, get to have you on the forum.

Thanks buddy, Glad to be here. I love to hunt with that old muzzleloader.
here's a picture that I took back in 1996 of another kill I made with that same gun.
Coyote112996.jpg
[/img]

Some fantastic deer! Congrats!

Did you shoot them all with the same load?

MK-85 great gun. I have one myself it has been in the gun cabinet retired for a while now. Busy shooting alot of the newer guns. :D

Doohan said:
Some fantastic deer! Congrats!

Did you shoot them all with the same load?

No for the 15 years I used the same load (Hornady 45cal. 250gr. XTP, MMP Sabots, 90gr. of Pyrodex RS and CCI #11 primers) but last year (2006) I started using the (Hornady 45cal. 250cal. SST) but left everything else the same. Works for me! :D

Joes said:
MK-85 great gun. I have one myself it has been in the gun cabinet retired for a while now. Busy shooting alot of the newer guns. :D
I've thought about trying out a newer gun but this one works really well so for now I'm sticking with it.

Back