inline kits?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spicygunner

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with the inline kits (50 cal) that are available? I am thinking of getting into the sport without breaking the budget and some of the kits look attractive for a beginner based on price and inclusion of necessary accessories.

Any constructive advice/recommendations would be appreciated
:)

IMO the kits are not worth the money. Your better off getting a good muzzleloader and just getting what accessories you need. Kits generally have cheap items that aren't worth the extra money. Bare essentials are patches, solvent, jags, powder measure, powder flask, some speed loaders, patch puller, and breechplug grease. If you are going to try pellets you can skip the powder measure and flask. You'll also need powder and bullets.

If I may suggest a course of action...

I'd suggest a NEF Sidekick They start around $160 and after getting everything you'll need you'll be around $250 if you go with the blued/wood version. You can always hunt with open sights the first year and add a good scope the next (where legal). Doing that will keep your start up costs lower and let you get a better gun. If you do that, go with the stainless version, they are more resistant to corrosion and easier to clean.

I'd suggest a NEF Sidekick

I'd also like to suggest a Knight Wolverine 209. EXCELLENT muzzleloader! At times they can be had for around $150.00.

Latest posts

Back