• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WANTED/ISO ISO excalibur or reliable compound Xbow

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
looking for an excalibur or reliable compound crossbow not looking for something super expensive, does not have to be a newer one maybe an older one but seeing whats out there. Didn't know if posting in classifieds would be frowned upon or not. Thanks guys, shoot me a PM with what you got.

If I wasnt heading out in a couple days I could probably help you out as I have 2 excalibers and the newer one has not been fired . it is 360 fps. The ibex i used severl times in another state but cannot use a crossbow here without a handicap permit. So they just hang on the wall
Good luck. I really like Excaliber . If you haven't found one when I make it back home I can send pics and info on what I have

If I wasnt heading out in a couple days I could probably help you out as I have 2 excalibers and the newer one has not been fired . it is 360 fps. The ibex i used severl times in another state but cannot use a crossbow here without a handicap permit. So they just hang on the wall
Good luck. I really like Excaliber . If you haven't found one when I make it back home I can send pics and info on what I have
not a problem my friend I appreciate it, shoot me a pm when you get back. safe travels

You don't need to spend a fortune on a x-bow. I've been shooting a Centerpoint Sniper 370 for 4 years now and have taken 6 or 7 deer with it. Only paid about $250 for it and its very accurate.
I see Walmart is carrying the Centerpoint 425 currently.
Not to step on Sharpshooter's toes on the Centerpoints because Excalibers are good too.
My first xbow deer was with an Excalibur. I went with the Centerpoint because its not as wide as the Excalibur

You don't need to spend a fortune on a x-bow. I've been shooting a Centerpoint Sniper 370 for 4 years now and have taken 6 or 7 deer with it. Only paid about $250 for it and its very accurate.
I see Walmart is carrying the Centerpoint 425 currently.
Not to step on Sharpshooter's toes on the Centerpoints because Excalibers are good too.
My first xbow deer was with an Excalibur. I went with the Centerpoint because its not as wide as the Excalibur
You are correct I just want to go with the recurve crossbow cause most of everything besides repairing limbs I can do by myself. Local bowshop is 45min away and slam packed behind all the time. I'd rather have something I can put the string on myself and not fool with the cables. I have a Centerpoint and had a ton of issues with the cams and my string came off twice. Not downing them but this made we want to go the recurve route. I know a lot of people have had luck with Centerpoint.

You make a good point Ghost. My friend, my grandson and myself all have the Sniper 370 and the only issue we had with them is my friend's had the laminate on the limb start to separate. He called Centerpoint and their CS was great. They sent a complete upper unit (limbs, cables string) out the next day.
I had an Excalibur, my first Xbow and I did like it but I had issues with it. Besides being really wide there was a problem sighting it in. I even took it to the closest dealer about 75 miles away to check for alignment of the mount and they said it was OK. I ended up having to shim the scope ring to get the crosshairs in line with the target.
Would I buy another Excalibur? Yes because, like you said, the recurves are simple. But it I were to buy another it would be one of the Micro versions.

Maybe look into getting an older horton crossbow? I've had several different ones and never had any issues with any of em! Actually I still bow hunt with my horton summit elite that I bought on closeout from Natchez about 10 years ago! It's been a good one and shoots great! Good luck finding yourself a xbow!

Maybe look into getting an older horton crossbow? I've had several different ones and never had any issues with any of em! Actually I still bow hunt with my horton summit elite that I bought on closeout from Natchez about 10 years ago! It's been a good one and shoots great! Good luck finding yourself a xbow!
may look into that thank you! if it works can't beat it!

looking for an excalibur or reliable compound crossbow not looking for something super expensive, does not have to be a newer one maybe an older one but seeing whats out there. Didn't know if posting in classifieds would be frowned upon or not. Thanks guys, shoot me a PM with what you got.
I bought an Excalibur in 2006 had no issues with it don't like having to rely on archery shop to change strings or work on it. Only wish the smaller and lighter ones had been made then but I'm keeping it and killing deer every year with it

I have a excaliber micro 340 with the charger crank I might part with

Back