Jeep & Hiking today

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
My nephew and I took the old jeep and dogs out for an adventure today. We headed out towards Stonewall Colorado and hit a nice 4x4 trail we often camp out near.

We almost made it to our usual camping spot at around 10.5k but after trying to bust through a foot and half of hard ice packed snow, I decided to go check around the corner and see how that trail was.

Yeah... 4 feet of snow is a wee bit to much lol.

I got her turned around in the trail ( one thing I love most about the cj5 is the tiny size and amazing steering ratio) drove back down the trail, pulled over and we did some hiking and picture taking before heading down to a real hiking trail.

The so called trail actually was a small creek! We pushed on for a couple hours enjoying the sights and everything nature had to offer. The main creek was a white water river just gushing over the logs and banks. So much snow had fallen that there are now ponds where there shouldnt be ponds.

Great time out with my nephew! We are tired to the bone and the dogs were out as soon as they got back to the jeep. Especially the pup! She was great to take hiking as well. She would sit and wait for us to catch up, then take off up the trail until she lost sight of us and then would wait for us again lol.

My nephew checking out my new Steiners. Pretty awesome because on the snowy mountain there were snow balls everywhere where a small avalanche had tried to start and instead, all that happened were dozens of big snow balls on the side of the mountain.
img_9112.jpg

img_9111.jpg

img_9110.jpg

Ol reliable! I need to find a way to mount 1 or 2 5 gallon gas cans on her. Shes a beast on the trails, but shes thirsty in 4 low. Also finally got around to installing the front fender flares. Keeps the jeep a ton cleaner than without them.

img_9113.jpg

img_9116.jpg

img_9126.jpg

img_9131.jpg

img_9129.jpg

img_9130.jpg

img_9128.jpg

Khloe
img_9127.jpg

Keep the Jeep clean??????????

If my Jeep isn't muddy I throw some on it.

I love the pup.

Absolutely breath-taking views FG!  You are so fortunate to have access to such beautiful landscape year-round.   (Looks like you were field-testing your day-pack).  
Is that public land :?:

That's really gorgeous country.  

Years ago i traveled that part of CO in a 1951 flat fender Jeep with supercharged Pinto engine.  Once owned 43 acres just below the Spanish Peaks ranch; like an idiot i sold it.

Marty said:
Absolutely breath-taking views FG!  You are so fortunate to have access to such beautiful landscape year-round.   (Looks like you were field-testing your day-pack).  
Is that public land :?:
Yep Marty, that is San Isabel National Forest.

Nice pics! Always good to have a dog along on the trip. They make everything more fun.

Latest posts

Back