JJ needs a new varmint scope

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rifleman

Reaction score
Shot JJ's Savage 204 yesterday and it is a nice rifle, still shoots MOA with a hot and dirty barrel. Would have been nice to try it clean :wink:
But the Sightron scope he had on it was a different matter. The reticle wires were too thick for a varmint rig. It did seem to track ok as we made a adjustment and it moved correctly. My main complaint was it was a really dark scope. The optics were fair at best. JJ needs a Conquest on a rifle as good as his. He deserves better.

Rifleman said:
But the Sightron scope he had on it was a different matter. The reticle wires were too thick for a varmint rig. It did seem to track ok as we made a adjustment and it moved correctly. My main complaint was it was a really dark scope. The optics were fair at best. JJ needs a Conquest on a rifle as good as his. He deserves better.

Which specific model is this one?

Which forum should the "J.J. Benevolent Fund" be started in? :roll:

Rifleman,
Nice of you to get involved! I purchased a Sightron SII 6-24 about six years ago before I'd really ever HEARD of Sightron much. Compared to some of the other scopes I have, the optics DIDN'T look that bright at all. Compared to a Vari-X III 6.5-20, the optics were not even in that class. I sold that scope at a BIG loss and now only buy Sightron scopes that top out at 16X or less and have had no more problems with them.

BTW...I have a couple year old 6-24X40 Elite 4200 sitting here. It's not on anything...just sitting here! JJ, you interested?

RandyWakeman said:
Which forum should the "J.J. Benevolent Fund" be started in? :roll:

Cool! send me ALL your money! PLEASE! :twisted:

Seriously, I called Sightron today and I am sending it back in. They want to "look" it over. I told them kindly to look all they want. The scope works fine and is very functional... I would like an upgrade or diff. scope.

SIII is on the way... give me 2 weeks to report back .

JJ

ps. Chuck, thanks for the offer. I'm gonna hold to see what happens here. TX JJ

Melanie with Sightron called me today..

Sure enough a problem was found with the glass.. :shock: I thought for sure it wasnt defective?? :? A new one should be here before the end of the week.

Sidenote ----

I have been in contact w/ SIGHTON several times through the last few days.
E-mails and phone calls have been returned promptly and kindly! I am VERY impressed with the customer service department of Sightron.

My new scope is on it's way back.. I upped to the SII SIDEFOCUS with a target dot. This cost me a measily $88 for the upgrade. A new scope the same as the defective unit was offered, but I had my heart set on the new line.

During the conversation I asked what the difference was between the SIII and SII line.. after a brief time on hold. I was told the 30mm one piece tube and fast focus eye piece were the major differences.. glass was THE SAME! The 30MM tube gains about 4% light transmission over the SII line. (from 95% to 99% )

A special thanks goes out to SIGHTRON for making me feel like their ONLY customer. I am very impressed by their attentiveness to my issue.

:lol:

glad to hear you are getting squared away JJ, let us know how you like the new scope.

was told the 30mm one piece tube and fast focus eye piece were the major differences.. glass was THE SAME! The 30MM tube gains about 4% light transmission over the SII line

Things that make you go hmmmm...

Latest posts

Back