Johnston Ultimate w/ Smokeless

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Appreciate the kind warning and words, but I have no intention to do such with a stock UML. As noted above, I asked if 'anyone tried smokeless conversion(s)'. With all of the other conversions going on these days, I still think it's a fair question. It's a 700 SA with a barrel made from LW50 stainless (by many accounts tougher than 416R) which is also used on other Lothar Walther centerfire chambered barrels. As noted here many times, conversions have been done on break actions like the Encore and others. So, with an appropriately designed breechplug and bolt interface design, why not convert?

I'm old, been gone looking at bathroom fixtures ........ ALL DAY LONG.... so I might be misunderstanding the question.

Replacing the barrel is required, not just the breech plug. Ken made a lot of money from folks who tried smokeless in their rifles. Even with Luke's ignition system, I wouldn't trust the barrel, which also has a very short shank.
The action is worth the price of the entire rifle. Best thing, have one of the builders install a 45cal and new breech plug.
Safety......... Need you to remain in one piece.

Latest posts

Back