Kentucky here I COME!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big6x6

Reaction score
Just finished up the details on a Kentucky muzzleloader hunt! YIPPEE! I am so fired up! :D Kentuckys first muzzleloader season is October 15th and 16th, two days only. That's the starting of our bowhunting season in Alabama. I'll get a month head start on other Alabama muzzleloader hunters! Hunt is to take place near Providence, KY.

So...That's Kentucky October 15th and 16th and Texas November 11th thru 16th! :D Let's see...that leaves September, December, and January!

That's cool! Sounds like a lot of fun. Whatcha gonna be taking for a weapon to do battle with them Kentucky whitetails?

Good luck Chuck!! It's Nebraska for me in November and Iowa in January :D And God willing Kodiak in May and Tenn. in April. That leaves 8 months for local fishing and hunting :shock: :shock:

:D Sounds like a plan there Chuck! Good to get things lined-up well ahead for sure!

I used to hunt MD, WVA, VA and NY years past but since PA has greatly expanded our hunting opportunities I havent crossed the State Line for a while except for the TN Boar hunt last year. I do fish MD though. :lol:

Our PA hunting seasons start up in Oct and run thru mid Jan. With 4 weeks Fall Turkey, 1 week early ML, 2 Weeks Regular Deer, 2 weeks Flintlock and 3 days Black Bear I'm pretty much on a roll for 10 consecutive weeks (on & off). If I bowhunted I could add 6 more weeks to schedule plus a set of divorce papers! :lol:

Best of luck on your KY hunt. Alot of stories forthcoming this Fall for sure!!! :D

Whatcha gonna be taking for a weapon to do battle with them Kentucky whitetails?

I really don't know other than it will be .50cal! Right now I still have a lot of shooting to do!

3 days Black Bear

You ever hunt those, Larry?

VENISONEATR said:
The outfitter is in Garden Grove.

That's not too far across the state line from where I live in Missouri. I believe Garden Grove is where Don Kisky lives (or at least used to). If you've followed whitetail hunting for very long, I'm sure you've heard of him. You will be in the heart of big buck country there for sure!

Well I'll have to take a rain check on that cup of coffee. I checked Iowa's website and I got me a nice big fat juicy prefrence point :cry:
We can maybe set something up for '07 :roll:

VENISONEATR said:
Well I'll have to take a rain check on that cup of coffee. I checked Iowa's website and I got me a nice big fat juicy prefrence point :cry:
We can maybe set something up for '07 :roll:
I also was awarded a big fat juicy preference point. :cry:

I have been considering an early KY front stuffer hunt. Not sure if it wll be cool enough to work with the Savage in time to be able to do it though. I have access to 600 ac of private ground near Henderson. A fw guys that I know already hunt this ground. The property is suposedly loaded with nice deer, so that is where I would be doing my hunt IF I get a few cool days to work on load development with the rifles that will be freshly modded at that time, so it is just like I am starting over with them.

Sounds like a nice hunt Chuck! I bet the NULA will see its first action on this hunt!

When will the NULA arrive from the nice brown truck?

Back