Knight Peregrine Loads

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsteurrys

Reaction score
What is Knight recommending as a maximum powder charge and with what bullets for the Peregrine?

Trying to decide if I want to try BH209 out of my McRem .40 1:16 twist with 200 gr to 225 gr bullets. I was planning on trying around 120 gr by volume. It is not a great gun with smokeless with a Savage style breechplug. It has to be as good as the Peregrine.

I ordered my peregrine a couple of days ago. I haven’t shot BP before so this is all new to me. And I haven’t seen any load data anywhere really. I was lucky enough to find some BH209 I got some 777 and some pyrodex select. I also picked up some fury 275gr bullets as well as some 225gr powerbelts. My main purpose of this rifle is to extend my hunting season here in texas without being limited to spike and doe, but im an avid shooter and im sure this will get some range time as well. I want to load so the bullets will be lethal up to the 250-300yrd range. Should I start with 100gr by volume and work my way up? Or is that overkill for what im trying to accomplish?

Any and all help is appreciated
Thanks

I ordered my peregrine a couple of days ago. I haven’t shot BP before so this is all new to me. And I haven’t seen any load data anywhere really. I was lucky enough to find some BH209 I got some 777 and some pyrodex select. I also picked up some fury 275gr bullets as well as some 225gr powerbelts. My main purpose of this rifle is to extend my hunting season here in texas without being limited to spike and doe, but im an avid shooter and im sure this will get some range time as well. I want to load so the bullets will be lethal up to the 250-300yrd range. Should I start with 100gr by volume and work my way up? Or is that overkill for what im trying to accomplish?

Any and all help is appreciated
Thanks
I have the CVA Paramount 40 and have good accuracy with the Powerbelt ELR 225 grain over 100 grains (weight) of BH209 at 2730'/s. It has a variflame ignition system using CCI LR primers and not 209s. Super easy to load even when the bore is dirty. I've got some Arrowhead VLDs and Parkers on order to test sabotless as well along with a Hankins sizing die for smooth sizing. Will keep you posted on the results.

Latest posts

Back