Late season success

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Earlier this year I drew a Rifle Quota permit for Point Washington WMA on a lucky random redraw. For those that don't know Florida has a broad range of seasons that start in the end of July in South Florida and it ends in the West end of the Panhandle the end of February. A friend of mine has a family owned lake house only a few miles from the hunting area so I loaded him up as my guest and we left Thursday evening after work ready to hunt Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Came home today successful. Six point Friday evening and a really nice 8 pt Sunday morning. My partner seen a few smaller legal bucks but nothing he wanted to shoot. We both seen a fair amount of deer. I only had one hunt that I failed to see a deer on 3 morning and 3 evening hunts, it being the first morning with no boot on the ground scouting (went to a spot I picked off Google). Used my Summit climber the hole trip. Ruger American .308 w/ Luepold VX-Freedom and Hornady American Whitetail 150grn. Meat and Potatoes gear. Hardest part of the trip was staying warm and deciding what restaurant to eat every night 😎

Attachments

• 20240120_085311.jpg
    20240120_085311.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
  • 20240120_085348.jpg
    20240120_085348.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 34601.jpeg
    34601.jpeg
    204.2 KB · Views: 0
Earlier this year I drew a Rifle Quota permit for Point Washington WMA on a lucky random redraw. For those that don't know Florida has a broad range of seasons that start in the end of July in South Florida and it ends in the West end of the Panhandle the end of February. A friend of mine has a family owned lake house only a few miles from the hunting area so I loaded him up as my guest and we left Thursday evening after work ready to hunt Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Came home today successful. Six point Friday evening and a really nice 8 pt Sunday morning. My partner seen a few smaller legal bucks but nothing he wanted to shoot. We both seen a fair amount of deer. I only had one hunt that I failed to see a deer on 3 morning and 3 evening hunts, it being the first morning with no boot on the ground scouting (went to a spot I picked off Google). Used my Summit climber the hole trip. Ruger American .308 w/ Luepold VX-Freedom and Hornady American Whitetail 150grn. Meat and Potatoes gear. Hardest part of the trip was staying warm and deciding what restaurant to eat every night 😎
Congrats on a fine buck.

Back