Lehigh / Bloodline Bullets Continue to Impress Me

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yesterday, I had an empty freezer, an antlerless deer tag and two days remaining days to fill it.

I went to my late season honey hole ( deep in the wood ) and set up a ground blind. Along come 3 Whitetail does working their way off the ridge. You can see a good long way through the forest in January. I was sporting my .52 Disc Extreme shooting the .275 Lehigh / Bloodline with 100 grains of BH209.

At about 90 yards the clear the ground cover for a broadside shot and are still on top of the steep hill I'll need to exit. I thought great, this is the perfect place to take a shot. I take the lead one and dang it, she proceeds to sprint downhill, meaning I'll need to carry her back up. At the bottom of the hill the adrenaline runs out. The autopsy reveals that the base and three of the 4 petals of the bullet had exited the off side. The vitals were shredded.

My Son and I have shot 5-6 deer with these bullets and the just flat out work!! Tenderloins on the grill tonight.

I am going to have to try them. I am a 52 cal nut and I have been using Hornady FTX 325 with great success. How is the accuracy out to 200. Congrats on the deer

I shot a small doe facing me this year with my .52 and a 325 gr FTX behind 110 gr of BH at 75 yds thru front of chest quartering to me, it came out behind her front leg and about half her lungs came out on the ground with it.. She was DRT never even kicked, pretty impressed with its performance.. I had couple of the 275 gr Lehigh with me also as they hit pretty much same poi out to 100 yds.

Congrats Larrybud! :yeah:

I shot one with the 250 bloodline this year. She was slightly quartering to, about 40yds away. Held tight to the shoulder, took out 1 lung, top of heart and liver...and damn if she didn't run about 125yds or maybe more down through a thicket. I was shocked. Previous 2 kills with them they were dead in about 30yds. She bled like I poured it from a pitcher. Even my buddies were saying man how far can she run bleeding like that. And of course, ran downhill away from the logging road :lol:

dwm said:
I am going to have to try them. I am a 52 cal nut and I have been using Hornady FTX 325 with great success. How is the accuracy out to 200. Congrats on the deer

I can't tell you about 200 yards as I would not have a shot at that range in my hunting scenarios. They group very well at 100 yards. and I have not pushed the charge up beyond 100 grains since I found the sweet spot there.

Perhaps others can share.

I believe a well placed shot with most any bullet available will get the job done.

What I like about the Bloodline is the margin for error I believe it provides. A shot off from ideal placement ( I've been guilty of this over the years ) should still effectively get the job done as the fractured projectiles spin out.

Thank you, I also shot one quartering toward me this year ,a big doe at around 80 yards. In the shoulder out infront of the hip. massive damage and she covered 100yards . I was shocked she went that far when I opened her up it looked like gello. But the bullet did it’s job. that was the furthest I ever had one go with that bullet. adrenaline I guess, but that’s the eighth one killed with that gun and combo 110 grains 777 and Hornady 325 ftx . still impressing me

Back