Leupold Freedom Muzzleloader Scope / Ultimate Slam Reticle Accuracy at Long Range?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bowler1

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a Leupold Freedom scope with the Ultimate Slam Reticle. I have not gotten the chance to actually test out the reticle to determine its accuracy in terms of the holdover points. The scope has a reticle with holdover points for various ranges that correspond to a power setting on the power adjustment dial which has a mark for 2 pellets, 3 pellets and one for shotgun slugs.

I am going to be shooting it with a T/C Encore, 50 cal with 250 grain bullets and most likely 100 grains of Buckhorn powder. I believe that should theoretically be aligned with the "2 pellet" mark on the magnification dial.

Can anyone comment on my assumption and on their experience with the holdover points on this scope and how accurate they are for the supposed range they are supposed to correspond to?

I will eventually get around to testing it for myself but wanted to get a general idea from others in the meantime.

thanks
Matt

Thanks. When you say it's very accurate do you mean that the holdover points are accurate at the ranges they are supposed to represent when the scope power is dialed in to the appropriate setting for your load? That's the part I am unsure about.

thanks
Matt

Back