Lifelike Taxidermy

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I'm waiting for a call anytime now from Lifelike Taxidermy in Crossville.

Loggy, your ship is about to come in-- or, your pig is about to ship.

The only reason I believe that is my mouflon is only about a week away, and you did the pig-pop before I did the mouflon mash. :wink:

Apparently, the boys at Lifelike think it is a big mouflon-- 21" inside spread, 23 in. or so outside with good mass. More exactly, they are wound up because the one they are doing alongside it is 14" inside spread.

I have no idea how they score them, but a very good 4 year old is said to have 25" long horns. It's a beautiful animal, but no way the record-book animal they seem to think. Just a very nice one by context.

Thanks for the heads-up Randy. I will guard the phone lines in the coming days. Dont want to spoil Piggy's surprise arrival. :lol:

Look fwd to seein pic of your mouflon mount!

Randy:

What do they taste like, how do you prepare it? And no, I won't believe "they taste like chicken". :lol:

Sheep. :shock:

Ram ham is good meat, this one is a winner:

INGREDIENTS:

1 Tbsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp each salt and black pepper
3 pounds leg of ram (ram ham), cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 cup dry red wine such as Chianti
1 cup tomato sauce, hopefully homemade
1 large sweet onion, cut into 1-inch wedges, then cut wedges in half
1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch wedges, then cut wedges in half
1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch wedges, then cut wedges in half
1 pound white mushrooms, brushed clean and cut into quarters
1 sprigs fresh rosemary or 1 Tbsp dried rosemary
5 garlic cloves, minced
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
PREPARATION:

Combine garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle over ram and toss to coat.

Heat a large, heavy, deep skillet over medium-high heat until very hot. Add olive oil and swirl to coat pan. Quickly brown the ram in batches, taking care not to crowd the pan. Remove browned ram to a bowl and add red wine to the hot pan. Cook 3 minutes, scraping all the browned bits from the bottom. Add tomato sauce to the red wine in the pan, swirling to combine.

Return browned ram to the skillet. Add sweet onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, rosemary, and garlic. Gently toss to combine with the sauce. Bring to a gentle boil, cover, and reduce heat to lowest setting. Let cacciatore simmer about 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes, until ram is fork tender. Taste and add additional salt and pepper as needed. Remove rosemary sprigs before serving.

Serve ram cacciatore over linguini or other large pasta.

Yield: 10 to 12 servings

It's a cacciatore catch-all meal deal.

Or take the real Wakeman way--- cooking bag first, then "Cacciatore Crock pot," skip the pasta, hold Rosemary, popping in potatoes and carrots...

:D Well Randy, your On Target as always! I called Lifelike Taxidermy this morning and sure nuff ole Loggy's Hog is entering final artistic touches & Jaw formation is in final set-up stage!!!!

Within next week I will have this beautiful masterpiece!! :lol:

Blue-Dot-37.5 said:
Randy:

What do they taste like, how do you prepare it? And no, I won't believe "they taste like chicken". :lol:

I'm starting to wonder about the chicken:

sign.jpg

Final balance due sent on Friday! I have hinted to Mrs. Loggy that we may be having a visitor in the next week or so. This Hog's arrival is something that will be second to none! :lol:

I just hope I'm home when that BIG OLE HOG HEAD BOX shows up on the front porch. :lol:

Latest posts

Back