Look what Brown just dropped off

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

omega

Reaction score
This is a prototype sent to me for testing. It is ballistic gel that stays solid to 80 degrees. It is reconditionable in a 16 hour cycle and while your reconditioning it you can filter any bullet frags out with a pair of panty hose. I can't wait to try it.

Ballistic-gel.jpg

Niceeeeee, love to have that for some testing. please let us know how the shockwaves do compared to other bullets.

Stuff looks pretty cool. But I would need it to be about another foot longer so my bullet would stay in it. I shot through 10 one gallon milk jugs full of water all lined up in a row. Bullet kept right on going......

But what you have looks pretty cool. Let us know how it performs!! And more cool pics once you have a few bullets in the stuff. BTW, where did you get the stuff?

It's called PERMA-GEL and I'll be shooting it Sunday. It conforms to the FBI standard steel ball test for balistic media. The beauty is it conforms at 55 to 75 degrees as compared to the ballistic gelatin at -4 degrees C.

The blocks are 16" long so for rifle I'll have to place the two end for end. The clear media should make for some cool pictures.
The inventor claims it retains no temporary cavity not even the fissures typical of balistic gelatin so it can be shot quite a bit more before it needs recycling.

How does it taste? :lol:
Sorry Omega. I just couldn't help myself....

Underclocked said:
But how does it feel when you squeeze it?

8)

It shakes and jiggles like a fatman's belly... how do you suppose it feels? :wink:

Freaking super cell here right now, tornados spoted to the south east, hope it don't flood the range.

Latest posts

Back