Looking for 870 buttstock...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looking for a synthetic 870 REGULAR buttstock for my shurshot 870 supermag....it came in full mossy oak obsession and a thumbhole stock and i'm not a huge fan of the thumbhole stock.
I'm thinking of putting my own paint job on the gun and putting a different buttstock on it. UNLESS I can find one in M.O Obsession to match, highly doubtful, but hopeful! Thanks guys

I have a wood stock and forearm off of a Wingmaster if you cannot find your synthetic. I dont know if they are interchangeable but somebody on here probably does.

I have a wood stock and forearm off of a Wingmaster if you cannot find your synthetic. I dont know if they are interchangeable but somebody on here probably does.
I really appreciate that. I have a new wood stock and forearm from a 870 express but was wanting to try the synthetic route and just do a DIY paint job. I'm curious too, Guess I could try to put the wood one on and then I'd know for sure! Just wondered if someone else has done it and knows...I'm sure someone does.

I pulled stock and forearm out of the back of my gun safe today and they are actually off of an express too. Not the good walnut of an Wingmaster. Then I remembered I converted my Dads's turkey gun to synthetic probably thirty years ago. Getting to be 75 in a few weeks is not for sissies. Hope you find your stock.

I pulled stock and forearm out of the back of my gun safe today and they are actually off of an express too. Not the good walnut of an Wingmaster. Then I remembered I converted my Dads's turkey gun to synthetic probably thirty years ago. Getting to be 75 in a few weeks is not for sissies. Hope you find your stock.
https://www.amazon.com/Hogue-Stock-...ton+870+synthetic+stock&qid=1676076442&sr=8-3found this one on Amazon only concern is the 12" length of pull but I could probably make it work just fine, I prefer a short compact turkey gun. So may make the leap and buy it, and it seems to be way cheaper than what I have found on Ebay....

also that is great. Hopefully yall can get out and hunt this year. Called one in for my dad this past year but a swing a miss, first time he'd really been turkey hunting. Hes a deer hunter through and through. Maybe we can put it all back together this year

Enjoy your hunts with your Dad. Mine has been gone for twenty years. I'm the one about to make 75. I also killed a lot of deer from the back of a horse with that 870 slug gun with an open choke tube and buckshot.

Enjoy your hunts with your Dad. Mine has been gone for twenty years. I'm the one about to make 75. I also killed a lot of deer from the back of a horse with that 870 slug gun with an open choke tube and buckshot.
I bet you guys had some great memories....sorry to hear that. I hope to have many more with him. That is an awesome experience sharing it with family. Seems like that 870 has taken a lot of game and you've been blessed with the years to do it.
The lord provides!

Back