Low Tech Ways of Getting Your Vehicle Unstuck

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patocazador

Reaction score
On video <a href='/tags/2' rel='nofollow' title='See all tagged subjects with: #2'>#2</a>....I've never seen that before.  Something to keep in the back of my mind for sure.

Way easier to have a Jeep with real offroad tires. I can't believe where he got stuck.

falcon said:
The lighter the vehicle the easier it is to unstick.  That's one reason i like my old Toyota pickup; it weighs 3,500 pounds.        
My thoughts too, that is why my back country rig is a six cylinder '68 Bronco. Plus it turns on a dime.

John

Not easy to get a jeep unstuck when its laying on the driver side door and high centered on the tranny skid plate :oops:

Personally, I think that the lighter weight jeeps/trucks are the worse because they just sit on top of whatever and spin. My jeep is horrible on snow packed roads.

My 1st 4wd vehicle was a '69 Bronco. It had limited-slip front & rear. I thought at the time that a 4wd was impossible to stick. I don't know how many time I stuck that thing but it was a lot.

I also never realized how easy it was to turn one of them over until I was side-hilling one day.

I eventually learned everything is able to get stuck.

FrontierGander said:
Not easy to get a jeep unstuck when its laying on the driver side door and high centered on the tranny skid plate :oops:

Personally, I think that the lighter weight jeeps/trucks are the worse because they just sit on top of whatever and spin. My jeep is horrible on snow packed roads.
On ice covered back mountain roads I have went around many that could not keep going. Most had wide tires which meant less PSI footprint. I run the old narrow 6 ply 6.70 casings with caps, never had a failure. I doubt they have ever exceeded 45MPH or 25 miles on blacktop.

John

Glad this subject came up. Reminded me to check my truck winch: Yep, it did not work. After cleaning some electircal contacts it works great.

FrontierGander said:

It's your tires. I blow by every heavy SUV/truck in the snow.

I had a set of tires on my Fiat 500 back in 1962 made by Pirelli called Inviernos (or something like that). They were narrow to allow the light weight of the vehicle to exert its weight downward to go through soft snow or mud. Half-way up the tire was a ledge on both sides that had aggressive X-ribs to grab the stuff to the side. I drove through a blizzard from Rochester, NY through Cleveland and then northern Indiana to South Bend. Many large cars (Lincolns, Cadillacs, etc.) were off the road in the ditch. I just putted on through with few problems.

Back