made a inline pistol

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbowling2

Reaction score
Ive been wanting a inline pistol so decided to make one, took my Black Diamond .50 and cut barrel down to 14.5 in. and cut the cheekpiece off stock, shaped pistol grip and taped off and sprayed grip area w/ truckbed liner spray..cut forearm down about 4.5 in. or so, relocated sling stud in front and drilled T/C pistol grip cap and mounted sling stud there..put the ramrod thimble on with 3,000# epoxy..
refaced barrel on belt sander and check for square with a square, crowned the barrel with a 82 deg. countersink so 41 deg. crown bevel..
 Bare the pistol weighs 4.0# w/rifle scope it weighs 5.2# so will be a little lighter with pistol scope..
shot it today no sights w/85 gr. pyro. rs, 240 gr. xtp w/green sabot and 100 gr. w/same bullet, recoil was very stiff with 100 grs but very manageable.. Now I have to come up with a nice pistol scope..
If it turns out to be as accurate as it was as a rifle its going to be a awesome pistol..

ok I posted 3 pics with the post but I do not see them anybody have any idea where they went or what I might of done wrong.

try it again, I dont see anything in your original post where you had pasted.

if using photobucket  copy the

Jon, Im using the forum photo loading tool, is there something special I need to do?

They need to loading on another host web site like Photobucket. You can't load directly from your computer to here.

Well that may nix posting pics as I have dial-up and photobucket doesnt play well with it... can I post a link to my post and pics over on MM forum?

ahhh that does suck butt!

We do have a direct upload but its a bit tricky to use. If you hit the copy button, believe it or not, that button doesnt work! You have to highlight it and then right click and hit copy then paste it into the main forum typing section!

holy horse canon! Make my day punk is an understatement LOL!

Pretty cool, that should be very fun to play with.

Jon, it actually holds and points very good, it weighs the same as the Optima depending on which ad you believe, its about 4 in. longer though do to the plunger style action..plan on killing a few deer with it next season if it turns out to shoot good... Ive got 2 Optimas and was thinking about making one of them into a pistol but with scopes one weighs 9.9# and the other CVA Pro weighs 10# 10 oz., so even cut down they would be really heavy.. the Black Diamond only weighed 7.2# w/scope as a rifle.

Ill take a pic but dont know if I can post it.. if this works its as good a pic as I can get..

img_1611.jpg

That is one sassy pistol !

You can always move the trigger group and pistol grip forward to just under the chamber , that will give it a better balance with the scope attached and will alter the recoil characteristics so it does not bite that bad.

Spitfire said:
That is one sassy pistol !

You can always move the trigger group and pistol grip forward to just under the chamber , that will give it a better balance with the scope attached and will alter the recoil characteristics so it does not bite that bad.
Could you please explain how moving the trigger group/pistol grip could be accomplished, cant picture how to go about that.. the recoil is not abusive it seems to me like about like a hot .44 mag... Im not recoil sensitive when shooting pistols so it might be worse but doesnt really bother me..

You did a nice job on that crown .. and pistol. I've got an Optima pistol and it shoots sabots great at 100 yds. I use a 240 gr. Partition Gold in a black crush rib sabot and 40 gr. of BH 209 by weight (about 60 gr. by volume).

Hunting with a personally "customized" one would be a trip.  :thumbs up:

You will have to build a new stock to move the pistol grip and trigger . I did it once on a .303 Lee Enfield where the pistol grip sat where the magazine used to be and I used an extra bar to operate a sear where the trigger used to be. Worked like a charm and under recoil had a tendency to jump up rather than back.

Spitfire said:
You will have to build a new stock to move the pistol grip and trigger . I did it once on a .303 Lee Enfield where the pistol grip sat where the magazine used to be and I used an extra bar to operate a sear where the trigger used to be. Worked like a charm and under recoil had a tendency to jump up rather than back.
thought maybe thats what would have to be done but wasnt sure, Im a decent woodworker but have never tried a stock.. if it turns out I dont like it in its present configuration Ill give it a shot though..

Latest posts

Back