Might Be a Shooter

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuperKirby

Reaction score
A couple nights ago I had a chance to take out my Encore with a Brux barrel by Woodman. I've had it out a few times but it's always short. Last time out I had it pretty close to zeroed.

This time it was two shots about an inch left. Both shots were touching, almost one hole. Moved the scope 3 clicks right. 2 more shots in almost the same hole about a half inch left so I moved 2 more clicks. It was getting late and my 11 year old came out and wanted to try shooting a .22 he'd found that was Grandpa's. I had already started loading so finished and decided to throw a shot into the swamp. I knew from previous shooting that if I held at the top of my 150 yard gong it would hit about center. Decided just for fun to try the 250 yard gong. I held the second hash mark on the BDC reticle at the top of the 250 gong, pulled the trigger and was met with a solid ring. A quick look through the scope showed an almost dead center hit. I set the Encore aside and shot the .22 with the kid. My 16 year old came home from work and asked what we were shooting. I asked him if he wanted to take his longest shot with a muzzleloader. Loaded up the Encore, told him where to hold. Fired and again heard the ring of the gong. Packed up and called it a great night.

P.S. If you ever have a chance to shoot a Colt Ace, they're tons of fun. Forgot to take a picture of it though.

Attachments

• IMG_2659.jpg
    IMG_2659.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0751.png
    IMG_0751.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 2
Back