MML INC (KNIGHT) BLACK KNIGHT 50 CAL

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michehembr

Reaction score
Hello,
I am trying to find a breech tool for my Black Knight 50 cal. Everything I have looked at on line has a hex head for the tool. Mine actually doesn't have that hex head but is slotted where the nipple screws in. The pat number on the barrel is 4700499 with a serial number of 22307. I have had this muzzleloader about 10 years and it was purchased used at a pawn shop for $50.00. I have replaced the nipple on it a few times and have cleaned it the best that I can with soaking it in hot soapy water and in solvent. The barrel is in great shape as far as I can see. The issue is I like to clean my firearms completely and it really bugs me that I can not get this apart to clean it in the manner it needs to be. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Use a really big flat screwdriver

I just use a simple ratchet extension to remove the older Knight slotted BP's but then I also replace the slotted BP with the newer Hex Head version

Knight-BP-Tool.jpg

Ratchet-Assembly.jpg

Once I get one out, I replace it with the hex head style. I find them easier to remove, especially if one gets sticky.

Once I get one out, I replace it with the hex head style. I find them easier to remove, especially if one gets sticky.
How do I know which hex head style to get, are they all the same size and the same threads no matter the manufacture? I would assume that these are different by manufacture and the age of the weapon. Please advise.

Get one listed for MK, LK, or Bighorn. They all used the same plug.

Hello,
I am trying to find a breech tool for my Black Knight 50 cal. Everything I have looked at on line has a hex head for the tool. Mine actually doesn't have that hex head but is slotted where the nipple screws in. The pat number on the barrel is 4700499 with a serial number of 22307. I have had this muzzleloader about 10 years and it was purchased used at a pawn shop for $50.00. I have replaced the nipple on it a few times and have cleaned it the best that I can with soaking it in hot soapy water and in solvent. The barrel is in great shape as far as I can see. The issue is I like to clean my firearms completely and it really bugs me that I can not get this apart to clean it in the manner it needs to be. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I also have a bk92 with the slotted breech plug. Just a round piece of steel with screw driver type end. The other end is for the nipple. The tool is a pain in a way as it should be longer. If you are using a scope there can be alot of hand unscrewing. Find a machine shop and get them to make one. Easy deal. Those plugs come out tough sometimes and can require a fair amount of torque to get out. Also a 1/4 inch hole on the back end allows you to put something through it to help when it gets sticky. Other than the time it takes to clean the bk92 shoots great with a pretty good trigger.

Back