My buddy's success

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I couldn't get out today hunting with my buddy. Today was me and my wife's day. Anyway I got home and he had his pickup parked out back. He lives right next door to me. I asked him if he got anything and he replied yes, two! So I went over to help him hang them and he told me the story. He was still hunting toward his stand and he came up and peeked over a rise and both were standing broadside, side by side. He lined the crosshairs up, cocked the hammer on his CVA Wolf and squeezed off the shot. He dropped both of them DRT with one shot!!!!! His load was 100 gr of Goex FFFg and a 290 gr Barnes TEZ. The bullet passed through both deer, the second on obviously having a much larger entrance hole than the first.

That’s outstanding. I would have thought that second deer would have stopped the bullet.
Actually it did. I had originally thought it passed thru both but when I was helping him butcher the bullet fell on the floor when I was removing the far shoulder. The 4th shoulder blade stopped it! It was a perfect mushroom. The petals were folded out nicely.

Latest posts

Back