My hog hunt video

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the video! Both of those hogs looked like really good ones. Did you weigh either of them?

I didn't weigh either of them :? I am guessing the first to be 100-120 and the 2nd to be 100-150...

But the first hog was 65-100 yards away...ran about 20 yards. The Ballistic Tip exited as well as broke the close leg.

The 2nd hog was 195 yards away and walking away. The shot was not on video due to my Boss not seeing it through the view finder...although you can see just before the shot and after the shot on the video. At that distance with that gun I knew I would hit him so I just held as tight as I could and squeezed a round off and I guess he started moving faster because I hit him a tad bit back...luckily for me I got him in the spine and he did a break dance before he was down on the ground.

Keep the comments coming! :)

Justin

Fantastic hunt and congratulations!

Will you do an ML hunt the next time you're out for hogs? I am from India and for many years we have only been allowed to hunt boar as agricultural pests on a crop protection permit. I used to shoot them with a 12 bore shotgun loaded with ball.

Good hunting!

mehulk- I will try to get at least one Muzzleloader hunt on video this winter. A local hunting outfit conducts guided Javelina hunting and I may have to take my Omega X7 out after them...or if the deal goes through a Lyman in .58 cal with roundball 8)

Thanks loggy!

I should have a Red Stag video up in about 2 weeks time! Next weekend I will be out chasing them

Back