Muzzleloader Hogs

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FLS

Reaction score
I just finished up a primitive weapons hunt on NWR here in SC. I’ve been hunting this place for years and usually do pretty good. This year there seemed to be more hogs than ever. I shot the sow first and the boar about an hour later. Could have shot several more but it’s a long drag back to the truck and I usually hunt solo. I used my Remington 700 ML loaded with Barnes 250 TEZ‘s over Triple 7. Both shots were about 50 yds. The sow went down on the spot and the boar made it about 25 yds. I weighed her at the check station and she was 120. Didnt weigh the boar. He was a chore to get loaded and I was spent by then. Guesstimate is between 250 and 300. I’ve shot a good many hogs and he’s one of the bigger ones I’ve killed. 71890146289__2B57BE83-6A71-42ED-8E72-694EAB9519A6.jpeg

We used to raise hogs when I was a kid. My job was to feed after school. We raised some huge sows, but they were brood sows. I would imagine that would make a huge difference in the size.

Back