My new .40 Omega

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stunning and ought to be a shooter!!! You won't take the cats, so what if I trade you Shorty's wifer fer that beauty?
Thanks for the kind & generous offer, but somehow I think my bro Shorty might not want to part with his wifer, & honestly, I need a wifer #3 like I need a butthole in my forehead.

Won't offer the kittens - wife and daughter are rather attached to the fuzzy buttheads - but I'll put up an offer of a glass of Woodford and one of the wife's chocolate cakes every year for your birthday. You know you wanna make that trade @Ninering62 ... I'll even let you shoot the gun some :)
Very tempting brother......as much as I'm a drooling fool over Carols chocolate overdose cake ( thee bestest & most chocolatiest of all chocolate cakes I've ever eaten ) & the Woodford is an outstanding "Bourbon lovers" Bourbon, I think that I'm going to take a good while continuing to sample both of them as frequently as possible, while I moll your very kind offer over. I'll see ya in like 2hrs, are ya bringin cake & Likker with ya this morn?

Hey Bro, I must have missed this post before. That is a right good lookin musket loader you got there! I'm sure by now you gotter all sighted in. What bullet/powder does it prefer?
Thanks bro, much appreciated.
I am still workin on load development with 3 diff bullets.
I want to use the .40 200g SST/SW’s for plinking & general cheap trigger therapy & for hunting the 225g ST2P & 240g OT bullets.
I’m dancing around where they need to be, but nothing is completely dialed in as of yet.
I recently got a trigger pull gauge & I need to do a trigger job on it before I take it back to the range again. Now that spring turkey season is over, I’ll get back to messin with the Omega. I’ll post updates with it. Maybe even a postal match target or two with it.

Back