My new crossbow! - Vertical Inline Mini-Crossbow

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Man cannot live by muzzleloader alone. Super excited to show off my new crossbow...came in the mail yesterday from Hickory Creek, out of Mississippi. I bought it because I wanted a vertical crossbow that was easier to use off hand, allowed me to be flush with the tree trunk and easier in a treestand. Researched it, tried it out at the Great American Outdoor show in Harrisburg, PA a few weeks ago. Here's a video of my first shot with it!

Those are pretty cool. A buddy of mine had one for a while. He sold It because he said that he couldn't get it to shoot consistently. IDK, maybe it was just him.

Those are pretty cool. A buddy of mine had one for a while. He sold It because he said that he couldn't get it to shoot consistently. IDK, maybe it was just him.
I've edited this post to be more accurate. I had read a similar complaint on a different forum but when I tested the bow at the show and now the one I bought {full disclosure, I paid full price for mine! So, alas, no paid endorser here!} have been consistent and accurate.

I did want to correct something I'd written earlier. Earlier I had said that Jerry "builds" the crossbow in MS. That is not accurate and it gives the wrong impression about the scale and sophistication of the company. Hickory Creek assembles the bows in MS from components that are engineered and machined here in the USA by some of the best. There is nothing flimsy about the bow, the metal parts fit together amazingly, no burrs, sharp edges or sloppy welds. To be honest, it feels sort of cool to hold, own and use something that is relatively unique.

If I am being honest, I like Jerry. He's a small business, using American made parts, competing against some very big actors in both the compound bow space and the crossbow space who can advertise in ways that he can only dream to. Since the bow arrived I've probably sent him a half dozen questions that he has responded to within minutes...that kind of service is rare!

Last edited:
I read that complaint on a different forum. The design is a work in progress for sure...the guy builds them himself and I think he has improved the design, maybe sources better. Let's see how it holds up. My other crossbow shoots great, but it is very unwieldy to carry in the woods.
I would have bought my buddies bow if he mentioned it was for sale.
I switched over to the crossbow 9 years ago. It did take some getting used to as far as totin around the woods but it's second nature to me now.

Checked it out- 325 fps, but didn't see what weight the arrows were, and what length are they? They must be doing well because they are sold out.

Checked it out- 325 fps, but didn't see what weight the arrows were, and what length are they? They must be doing well because they are sold out.
23" arrows...they do not use crossbow bolts...300 strength is what is recommended. I haven't bought any arrows for it yet, it came with three. Because there is no rail, string will last a lot longer.

People really underestimate these Mini Vertical Crossbows, they are so small, lightweight, very user friendly and FUN to shoot. Oh, and the triggers are amazingly smooth. Every company say's "they have the best trigger", but they don't. The Mini vertical Crossbows has, without a doubt, the best trigger on the market and it is so simple!

Last edited:
Man cannot live by muzzleloader alone. Super excited to show off my new crossbow...came in the mail yesterday from Hickory Creek, out of Mississippi. I bought it because I wanted a vertical crossbow that was easier to use off hand, allowed me to be flush with the tree trunk and easier in a treestand. Researched it, tried it out at the Great American Outdoor show in Harrisburg, PA a few weeks ago. Here's a video of my first shot with it!

😆😆. Reminds me of the bible verse "Man shall not live by bread alone"

Nice crossbow......

380 gr, 300 spine, 23 inch arrows
Just went to an archery shop here in transfer pa and was told that this crossbow is illegal to use in the state of pa? Trying to do some research on it and I haven’t found anything stated that from pa game commission? Any ideas? Or remarks? Was I just being gaslighted into purchasing another bow lol

Latest posts

Back