my son is hunting deer this week end.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strong eagle

Reaction score
home from college for the week end. he has two ranches to hunt but spotted a huge deer herd just 1 mile south of our place. it is grass land with some food hunting plot growth on it. it next to a section of standing corn. he used to hunt that ground when he was in the 8th grade. koger, a member here, got a nice buck off of it. i called the owner of the land last night and he said my son can hunt it all he wants and can even bring friends if he wants. my son will be hunting alone. so today it is scouting the herd for the biggest buck and tomorrow he may get him. its perfect for deer, mule deer and whitetails. it is tall native and planted food plot grass. some as tall as a car. then next to it is about 600 acres of corn. i dont hunt any more, i leave that to the younger guys and gals.

my son and his friend scouted that herd to day and their are about 4 bucks worth taking. i thought they were mule deer but they are white tails. my sons friend visited this even with us some and when he went out the kitchen door onto the deck he tripped over a skunk. the skunk raised his tail but didnt spray. my son and his friend looked for the skunk to shoot him but couldnt find him. my cat food out side brings all kinds of critters to our deck.

thanks, he is out their as we speak, its not a matter of getting a deer, he always wants the biggest buck out their. most likely he will be doing archery during his christmas vacation also. he is a born hunter.

he got a 6 by 5 white tail buck. he creeped up on it through the tall grass and nailed him at only 70 yards. he is eating the heart for supper and cutting the deer up as i write.

unname11.jpg

unname10.jpg

my son says the bumps on the base of the horns are common to the white tails in this area.

my son is home for thanksgiving. has a trail cam on a ranch north of us 2 miles. huge  buck showed up on it. says if he can figure out his patterns will get a archery permit and lay for him. he is a big one.

Back