My son's out of the hospital, thank God.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patocazador

Reaction score
The lifestyles of the younger generation makes them prone to diseases and problems that we never worried about.

My son lives and works in front of a computer and gets almost no exercise. On Wednesday he had a mini-stroke that put him in the hospital for 2 days. Hopefully, he uses this as a wake-up call to change his way of life. He is 35 years old.

Youch!  Glad he is out of the hospital.  These "kids" don't move much.

what!!! Holy smokes, that is nuts. Im glad to hear he is ok. Man, that is just to damn young to be going through something like that.

Sorry to hear this, hope he recovers quickly. I have a son that age........so I know it scared Dad.

Very glad he's out and hope
He makes the changes needed.  Our daughter was about the same age when her breast cancer was diagnosed. Our son will be 35 next
month so as Jerry said I understand your feelings. 

Blessings on you and yours. 
TC

I am so glad to read that your son is out of the hospital!
Many of us are similar in age and have children that are your son's age. My son is 33.
Finding out that there was something seriously wrong with my son would be almost unbearable.

Lifestyle change can be very hard. Let's hope that this mini-stroke is the slap upside the head that is required to make the change.
All the Best,
Ron

I'm sorry to hear that about your son.  Glad to hear good news, wishing for a speedy recovery.

Sorry to hear that Bob. Now it's your job to make him more active.

Computers are as addictive as drugs. Worse invention ever.

Bob,
You are right on about the wake-up call as it could have been worse. Let us hope he uses it in a positive way and changes the odds in his favor. We wish him a bright future.

John

i'm glad your son is out of the hospital and wish him a speedy recovery.

That mini-stroke was a serious wakeup call. Had a transient ischemic attack myself in 1984 and it scared the crap out of me. Cleaned up my diet, exercised more and later got on meds for high cholesterol, no serious problems since.

Thanks for the good wishes guys.

I hope it woke him up. The neurologist put him on an adult aspirin a day, Lipitor (anti-cholesterol), and a diuretic along with his regular BP drugs.

I have had hi blood pressure since age 19 and have been on meds since age 28. He started earlier than I did but he never took up skin diving or hunting to try to keep himself in shape. I didn't allow the kids to have video games and restricted their computer stuff to educational games/programs.

It did absolutely no good. :Questuon:

Hey Bob just read about your son hope he is doing well and you can get him into that lifestyle change pretty soon. Good luck to you guys.

The Dawg

Back